Camaro Zone Forums banner

Vibration during engine braking and slow acceleration

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jhobbins 
#1 ·
This started yesterday, whenever I slowly accelerate in amy gear so that rpms go high up it starts vibrating or when.I let it engine brake from high rpms. It feels like it comes from the back of the car. I tought it was my drive shaft hitting the exhaust but there seems to be plenty of space between the two. Any ideas?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Camaro Zone mobile app

#7 · (Edited)
Sounds more like a failing u joint to me.
I'd replace it soon too, don't want it blowing up on you (happened twice to me)

How do I check if the u joint is in bad condition?
Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone
This can also be a tie rid going out in the front(if you feel it in the back left then it could be your right inner or most likely outer tie rod) or if you feel it in the back right, check front left. Just get it aligned, check to make sure the brake lines are good so that the possibly warped rotors are not making contact when you drive, and it could also be bad tire wear or balancing

Well my whole steering rack is shot, including the tie rods, im replacing it on Wednesday. Rotors are brand new in the back just put em on a few weeks ago. And tires are bramd new as well, maybe a week old.
Sent from my iPod touch using Camaro Zone
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Camaro Zone mobile app

There is also this sound and hiting, when I idle. Its really quite and it doesnt always happened. I mostly feel it on the paddles and steering wheel when im standing at the red light or something. I dont know if its related tho.

#4 ·
This can also be a tie rid going out in the front(if you feel it in the back left then it could be your right inner or most likely outer tie rod) or if you feel it in the back right, check front left. Just get it aligned, check to make sure the brake lines are good so that the possibly warped rotors are not making contact when you drive, and it could also be bad tire wear or balancing

Sent from my iPod touch using Camaro Zone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.