Camaro Zone Forums banner

'01 Camaro O2 Sensors, Help with codes P0137, P1133 and P1153

7K views 38 replies 7 participants last post by  camaro0003 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here, from Europe,

So here is the story with my problem...it's a '01 Camaro 3.8 manual trans

My catalytic converter was taken out because it got clogged and I just put on a pipe there and I had an O2 sim for the sensor that is after the catalytic converter, probably about 7 years ago. Afterwards, I decided to put on Pacesetter headers...I replaced the stock headers and had no problems whatsoever, no codes or anything, O2s worked fine...

Recently, I bought a new muffler, a Walker QuietFlowSS and put that on the car, and I also decided to buy a new Walker catalytic converter to put on the car. In the meantime before all of that, I had gotten a code P0134 I believe it was, so I also bought a new Bosch sensor for the driver's side manifold sensor. I replaced that sensor, installed the new catalytic converter and hooked the sensor back up to its wires, removing the O2 sim from the post catalytic sensor.

After that, I am getting 3 codes now, a P0137, P1133 and P1153. Also, I noticed that I was getting this sort of a stumble when the car would get warm and I would put it into first gear to get going. That was when I had the code P0134 for that driver's side manifold O2 sensor.

What could be the problem? I replaced everything and I thought my issues would be fixed but they still exist. I checked online and some people are saying that P1133 and P1153 come on after putting on Pacesetter headers but I did not have them before when I put the headers on and that was maybe 3-4 years ago. I can also smell fuel from the exhaust and I am getting really bad fuel economy.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
P0137 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) circuit low voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

Wiring issue, make sure the harness isn't shorted against the exhaust.

P1133 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) insufficient switching Bank 1 sensor 1
P1153 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) insufficient switching Bank 2 sensor 1

After you check the harness for the P)137 code, check the engine sensor fuse in the under hood fuse and relay panel.

If a six speed and the sensor fuse is blown, skip shift stops working and the reverse lockout will always be on even if you're sitting dead still.

#3 ·
It's a 5 speed 3.8 V6. In any case, wires look fine in regards to that p0137 code..I even changed sensors, I put in a brand new Bosch o2 sensor after the catalytic converter and I still got the p0137. Could this code be causing the other two p1133 and p1153?

#9 ·
5 speed, 6 speed, same criteria applies.

#14 ·
Get the header gasket resealed if its leaking and clear the codes. See if it comes back after that.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

#15 · (Edited)
Get the header gasket resealed if its leaking and clear the codes. See if it comes back after that.

I've got an update...after they rewelded the exhaust really well, no leaks at all, car runs beautifully now and now I have lost the p1133 and p1153 codes...only p0137 is on now..any ideas? How can I check the wires and everything? I checked the eng sensor fuse and it looks good.

Also, for anyone out there that is having problems with P1133 and P1153, the way I fixed them is sealing all exhaust leaks and I added a 150ml fuel and injector cleaning solution from Wurth, a German company I believe. That may have helped out in cleaning everything.

#16 ·
I did a diagnostic reading on the P0137 code and I have the following..

Fuel Sys 1 OL-Drive
Fuel Sys 2 OL-Drive
Calc Load % 70.2
ECT (C degrees) 106
STFT B1 % 0.0
LTFT B1 % 3.1
STFT B2 % 0.0
LTFT B2 % 3.1
MAP (kPa) 93
Eng RPM 4178
Veh speed (km/h) 104
MAF (g/s) 116.57
TPS % 100.0

Can anyone explain what all these things mean? Are they good readings?

#18 · (Edited)
ECT (C degrees) 106 is running really hot,
That's 222.8° F
Are your fans working properly?

RPMs seem pretty high for 104 KM / 64.6 MPH
Were you at a steady speed or stomping on it?

Because if you are at Wide Open Throttle you're quite possibly in open loop mode and none of the data is correct.

You need a data snapshot at a steady cruising speed.

#19 ·
ECT (C degrees) 106 is running really hot,
That's 222.8° F
Are your fans working properly?

RPMs seem pretty high for 104 KM / 64.6 MPH
Were you at a steady speed or stomping on it?
For some reason, my car has been running a little hotter than usual lately. I would suppose the fans are working properly, what is the best way of checking?

I think that I was stomping it when I got the code.

About the heat..could a certain type of engine oil be the cause? I am using 5w30 Liqui Moly oil. And this diagnostic was done in 36 C degrees weather.. should I maybe use 10w30?

#21 ·
He was at WOT when he pulled that info. The tps is at 100%. The fuel trims are pretty good since at wot the stft(short term fuel trims) went to 0. Looks to be running a hair lean, but still in a pretty safe area. The lean is probably due to adding headers so its breathing much better.

#27 ·
If the DTC you're getting Then it takes the snap shot is the P0137 then I would say you have a wiring issue to that sensor.
High resistance or open circuit.

The PCM is not reading the proper voltage

#28 ·
If the DTC you're getting Then it takes the snap shot is the P0137 then I would say you have a wiring issue to that sensor.
High resistance or open circuit.

The PCM is not reading the proper voltage
How would I be able to check on that? Is there any tests that can be done at the o2 sensor plug? All I know is that it comes out of a harness which is above the transmission.

#31 ·
Since it seems to be intermittent, I would inspect the wiring harness for bare spots that could be rubbing against the body or transmission, make sure the connector is clean and well connected and not loose.

#33 ·
If you can, keep trying to get the DTC to set when you are driving normal. Then post that scan. Navy has you looking down the right path though.

#35 ·
On a side note, I was doing a little welding inside the door to fix a rattle for the window and I took the battery clamps off, naturally. There was a lot of crap around the clamps so I cleaned them up really well and everything, put them back on and after driving about 40km, I still do not have the DTC and I notice everything runs better, in the electrical sense. Could dirty battery clamps been the problem?

Btw, the car in question..

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

#36 ·
#37 ·
Dirty battery clamps can cause a lot of issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.