Camaro Zone Forums banner

Has anyone on here ever converted their manual windows to power?!?!?!

6K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  josterby10 
#1 ·
How much, where to get the kit, step by step link, or should a pro do it?? Thanks guys!

#6 ·
All of them suck ***??.. Damn, like RScamaro92 said, I hate jumping over the seat to roll the other one down. Especially while sitting at a light.. Lol any suggestions? Idk what to do. I really want power and power door locks with a beeper.. Maybe i'll get a stick for the window lol

#8 ·
Power windows blow in our cars. Also, there most likely wouldn't be a kit. You'd basically have to buy doors from a power window car and swap it all over. More than likely those parts would need replaced by now as well.

#10 ·
D.I.Y after market power windows install - LS1TECH
I have a 99 camaro with no power anything . So here is what I did .
First ordered a universal power Window kit ($75 shipped)

Here is what the motor looks like

Next I had to cut two holes

Then I connected the supplied brackets to the motor

Then mounted the motor in the door and connected the other supplied brackets to the other end of the motor .

It comes with black flat caps to cover up the part where the original handle goes but I put some chevy caps I had laying around. The switches come with the kit. And I also just added the trans am door panels

After that just wired it up with the supplied wiring harness. All in all it was a easy install .I looked around for a install like this on this generation camaro but couldn't find one , so here is one . Hope this helps people with no power windows

#11 ·
They just don't have good build quality. But yeah, basically what Zach said, get all the equipment from a donor car. Replace the window motor, switches, regulator, wiring where needed, etc. You may be better off just kinda making your own kit buying new parts.

#13 ·
If your car came with power windows and you re-wire them where they get proper voltage you guys wouldn't have issues with slow windows or with motors burning out.

If you want it install power windows in a fbody that came with manual windows you could use the existing factory wiring but will end up with the same hassle with slow windows and motors burning out. It would be best to properly wire them in then have peace of mind that they won't fail.

#14 ·
If your car came with power windows and you re-wire them where they get proper voltage you guys wouldn't have issues with slow windows or with motors burning out.

If you want it install power windows in a fbody that came with manual windows you could use the existing factory wiring but will end up with the same hassle with slow windows and motors burning out. It would be best to properly wire them in then have peace of mind that they won't fail.
do you have a link/pics on how to do this?...i have a problem with my drivers side and have to fix it soon :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.