1995 Pontiac Trans Am $6000 obo - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Classifieds > Vehicle Classifieds

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

1995 Pontiac Trans Am $6000 obo

1995 Pontiac Trans Am. Metallic Teal. T-Tops. Tints on all 3 windows, also the eyebrow is tinted on the windshield. Tinted corner lights on front and back. Sony headunit, car is also ran for subs. 350 LT1, 104xxx on motor, 15xxx on trans with shift kit, 90xxx on rear end (axel and differential). car runs real strong. oil always changed on time. always changed with Mobil 1 full synthetic oil. ran only on BP or Shell premium gasoline. 17" polished aluminum rims off 2002 Trans Am. Honeycomb tail lights also off 02 (small crack in passenger tail light). body is in excelleny condition for a 15 year old car, no rust. no major dents or scratches. Only bad things, the gas gauge doesnt work, it always says full. not sure whats wrong but just not interested in fixing it at this point. you have to use the odomoter to keep track of the gas. also, the front passnger headlight does not go up all the way unless you lock it in place yourself. its the acrylic gear inside that the teeth have worn out. 30 dollar part and very easy to fix, apparently its a VERY common cause in Trans Ams. I am asking $6000 dollars or best offer

Click image for larger version

Name:	TA2.jpg
Views:	982
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	3716

Name:	TA1.png
Views:	386
Size:	414.9 KB
ID:	3717

Name:	TA3.png
Views:	395
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	3718
MeanGreen95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Addicted Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Send a message via AIM to TJFish
Wow, that's a beautiful TA. Good luck!

1993 Pontiac Trans Am - LT1, A4, Red, T-Tops, Leather, C6 Wheels, TSP Rumbler. SOLD 11/11

1998 Pontiac Firebird - L36, A4, Silver, T-Tops, Exhaust, TA wheels. SOLD 03/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach+'maro=:) View Post
When im in a great mood I get in my car and drive like a bat out of hell. When I'm pissed, I drive like a bat out of hell lol
TJFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Battousai Send a message via Yahoo to Battousai
don't take this the wrong way, but if the headlights only a 30 part, fix it yourself, and youll get more attention on the car.
Battousai wins the "best explanation ever" award.
Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

For the gas gauge, i've seen that problem many times on 93-97 Birds (including my old 94 bird)
Just get a sending unit, and replace it in the tank, go to a mechanic that can access the tank through the trunk instead of dropping the diff and what not to get to it.

Just welding open the trunk, replace part, weld it back shut and my gas gauge was working again. Very affordable and you'll save lots of $ on labor.

I bought the part for ~120$ and i think it was 2 hours of labor or so.
I had to get the part from the states ( I live in canada) i'm sure you can get it cheaper.

___
Good luck with sale !
Old 03-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #5

im honestly not even trying to fix anything else on it i just want it gone, because if i still have it when it gets hot out on im gonna wanna keep it
Old 03-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Nice looking car, for sure. Always liked the teal 4th gens. And I'd buy it if I had the money.

Just FYI, your asking price may be a little too high, especially with the headlight and fuel gauge issue (a lot of used car buyers are lazy and think those things will cost $1000 to fix). KBB values this car about $750 less than your asking price in excellent condition ($1100 less in good condition) and NADA shows just over $6000 for clean retail—excellent/clean-retail meaning no mechanical or cosmetic issues whatsoever. Even with the transmission and rear end being newer, most cars sell to the average person based on the life left in the oldest of the most important components (your engine).Just something to consider. Good luck with the sale though!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #7

thanks for the heads up on the prices. i really just put that up as a starting price. im willing to listen to any offers or trades though. i just didnt want to put it up for too low of a price.

Tags
lt1, pontiac, trans am