1996 Camaro RS - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > General Discussion Forums > Members Camaros and Firebirds

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 07-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

1996 Camaro RS

Hello all. I've been looking for a Camaro to fix up and a friend's son said he would sell me his 1996 RS. His dad tells me it's had a new motor put in and his son drove it about a year before the speedo went out and the transmission stopped shifting. Aside from a couple spots it looks to be in pretty good shape with minimal rust and the price of $400 seems fair but it has been sitting the last 4-5 years. Just wanted to get some opinions on whether I should buy it for $400 or walk away? Posting some pics below.

Last edited by asp69; 07-31-2019 at 11:40 PM.
asp69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #2

Hey. Not to discourage you but it's a 96 and those are a dime a dozen. Rust is always a bad thing to deal with. If its really bad I would pass up on it especially because of the rust. if it were say a second gen then yeah i would jump on it. maybe look for a clean bodied car and if it has a bad engine u can custom build it. thats just my take. not that fourth gens are bad or anything but there are too many out there to stick to one. the rust is always a huge no no for me, its a cancer that always lays dormant if not completely removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp69 View Post
Hello all. I've been looking for a Camaro to fix up and a friend's son said he would sell me his 1996 RS. His dad tells me it's had a new motor put in and his son drove it about a year before the speedo went out and the transmission stopped shifting. Aside from a couple spots it looks to be in pretty good shape with minimal rust and the price of $400 seems fair but it has been sitting the last 4-5 years. Just wanted to get some opinions on whether I should buy it for $400 or walk away? Posting some pics below.
Ikeepitreelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:21 AM   #3

Garage
Talking Water Leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp69 View Post
If the car was not garaged / properly stored you want to assure that the hatch back gasket has not allowing water to get in. Same if it is a T-Top. Also if it was left outside you want to assure that NO mice / rats have taken up residence and have been eating the electrical wires. The price seems OK if you can only use it for parts on another car. Wishing you All the best and "Long may you run"
97Z28POLOGREEN is offline   Reply With Quote