Adam's 99 Z28 - Page 3 - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > General Discussion Forums > Members Camaros and Firebirds

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #41
CZ Vendor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adray96 View Post
If I were to go with these headlights what would I need to do to get them to work? I assume id have to do something since they're projectors. And would I need to wire them with the DRLs to get the LED stripes to work? Also, if I were to change my tail light bulbs to LEDs do I need to do anything or is it as simple as putting the LEDs in and they work?
Attachment 31136
A link to those would be better. More info is needed....... So we know exactly what is included and how they are wired up.. More than likely, They are projector "style".. not actually projectors. Meaning they probably take original 9005/6 bulbs. If this is the case, then nothing special would be needed to get them to work. LED's on the other hand will most likely need to be wired in with the DRL's. .......or... parking lights. Usually is up to the purchaser or the installer on how this is done, can be done either way. .....as most of those are like that. My halo's in my headlights needed to be wired separately.

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
http://www.ercmannscaraudio.com/
10% OFF LIFETIME Site-Wide Discount Code at ErcsAudio, for ALL CZ Members!! Enter Code CZ10LIFE at checkout!
https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f18/erics-01-ss-
mod-thread-178452/
https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f27...m-poll-180546/
Ercmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage
http://www.protuninglab.com/lhp-cmr9...id=87012368938
Sorry, here's the link. I know, I can find them for cheaper prices. Thank you for the help. Would it be difficult to wire the strips with the parking lights? Would I need to disconnect the original parking lights? I know that in some places you're not supposed to have more than 4 forward facing lights, 6 with the running lights. Would these violate that?
adray96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #43
CZ Vendor

Garage
Quote:
98-02 Chevy Camaro R8 Style LED Strip Projector Headlights - Black
Sorry, here's the link. I know, I can find them for cheaper prices. Thank you for the help. Would it be difficult to wire the strips with the parking lights? Would I need to disconnect the original parking lights? I know that in some places you're not supposed to have more than 4 forward facing lights, 6 with the running lights. Would these violate that?
From what I can see on the wring, They have included wiring harnesses that plug into the factory wiring, I would also guess that the LED's are "pre-wired".... so this would definitely be a "plug-n-play" design...... as advertised.............. also, there shouldn't be any issues with violating the amount of forward headlights.

Quote from the listing

Complete set of left and right side 98-02 Chevy Camaro R8 Style LED DRL Projector Headlights - Black. Design as a plug and play replacement headlights, for easy installation. Projector style headlights provide innovative light beam concentration to maximize usage of lighting output. Brighten the road in front of you during night time with our projector headlights, and offer that Euro style light beam that the vehicle in front of you can notice. Featuring Angel Eyes Halo (Dual or single) and individual LED to enhance the styling and flow with the design of your car or truck.

DOT / SAE approved ensure precise and quality fits and finishes.

Plug and play for easy installation.

Replace Stock Dull Looking Headlights With This Newly Designed Projector Style Headlights With AUDI Style SMD LED Daytime Running Light

Triple Layer Paint To Prevent Flaking Or Fading .

Fitment: 1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro ( All Models )

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
10% OFF LIFETIME Site-Wide Discount Code at ErcsAudio, for ALL CZ Members!! Enter Code CZ10LIFE at checkout!
mod-thread-178452/

Last edited by Ercmann; 12-09-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #44

Garage
Yea, I'm sorry, I noticed that section after I posted. I admit my stupidity and lack of thorough checking. I really appreciate the help though. I apologize again.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #45
CZ Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Yea, I'm sorry, I noticed that section after I posted. I admit my stupidity and lack of thorough checking. I really appreciate the help though. I apologize again.

Not a problem. We are here to help

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Camaro Zone

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/
Old 01-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #46

Garage
So, I got a new head plate for Christmas, but before I put it on I want to clean the engine up, how should I go about doing that? I know there's a few posts on here there mention cleaning up the engine and making it look nice, but I'm still kind of lost on how to go about doing it. I know it's not recommended to use a power washer, are there things I need to cover up? I've heard that you don't necessarily have to cover anything up, but I know people do put bags over stuff. What do I use to clean it up, any product recommendations? Thank you in advanced Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1421034785.695290.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	31522
Old 01-11-2015, 11:28 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Garage
Purple power work great IMO. Spray on cool engine let site 10 to 15 minutes. You can also use a medium or soft bristle brush to scrub with. Rinse with light spray from a garden hose. I cover my fuse box with a plastic bag just to be safe. Works for me. Simple green works good also.
Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:47 AM   #48
Addicted Member

Garage
Super clean is by far the best degreaser off the shelf. Way more powerful than purple power and safe on rubber, but now I use HTH. My friend orders a gallon of it for me from his shop and that degreaser gets rid of anything you could possibly imagine! It puts any other degreaser to shame.

-December 2014 COTM winner!
"Now I'm just somebody she used to blow"- Gotye (spin-off by Meatwad)

1999 Firebird Build Thread
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:19 AM   #49

Garage
Thanks for the help, guys. Is degreasing an engine different from actually cleaning it and shining it up?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #50
CZ Vendor

Garage
Adam's 99 Z28

Quote:
Thanks for the help, guys. Is degreasing an engine different from actually cleaning it and shining it up?
The same? Not really. Degreasing is just removing grease from the engine or whatever. Clean and shine is more of a "detailing". Although, degreasing is part of a detail.
You can "degrease" an engine without actually detailing it.

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/
Old 01-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #51

Garage
So, something like Purple Power or Super Clean to degrease the engine, then something like Mother's or Mcguier's to detail it?
Old 01-19-2015, 11:37 PM   #52

Garage
Okay, so, I've had a problem with my radio with the stock radio cutting out and turning back in randomly, I just figured it was because it was an old radio. I saw a thread in the early 4th gen tech thread that made me think there was more to it than just and old radio. The op of thread mentioned the same radio problem, and in a response it was mentioned that the BCM could be the issue, along with that it was mentioned that it could cause the window to not go all the way up as well, which is another problem I've had. Another problem I had is that one of the bulbs in my driver side taillight will light up sometimes, but not always. When I got the car I replaced the bulb just thinking that it was out, but the new bulb blew out when we plugged it in. So we put another bulb in, but it didn't light up, so I just left it. But every now and then it works just fine. So, my questions are:
1) could the tail light be related to the BCM?
2) if I were to re solder the joints on the BCM could I risk messing anything up?
If I re solder the joints I'll use the picture in the other thread, I just didn't want to hijack that thread with my own problems.
This is as far as my window rolls up before it stops. The motor was replaced in November
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1421728572.995860.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	31637

This is where the bulb is that works sometimes, but not always
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1421728651.152974.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	31638
Thanks in advanced for any help
Old 01-19-2015, 11:43 PM   #53

Garage
Adam's 99 Z28

In case it's a question, I have used a soldering iron before, but it was only three or four times and I was using it to solder in pick ups on a few of my guitars, so nothing really computer related.

Last edited by adray96; 01-20-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:56 AM   #54
CZ Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Okay, so, I've had a problem with my radio with the stock radio cutting out and turning back in randomly, I just figured it was because it was an old radio. I saw a thread in the early 4th gen tech thread that made me think there was more to it than just and old radio. The op of thread mentioned the same radio problem, and in a response it was mentioned that the BCM could be the issue, along with that it was mentioned that it could cause the window to not go all the way up as well, which is another problem I've had. Another problem I had is that one of the bulbs in my driver side taillight will light up sometimes, but not always. When I got the car I replaced the bulb just thinking that it was out, but the new bulb blew out when we plugged it in. So we put another bulb in, but it didn't light up, so I just left it. But every now and then it works just fine. So, my questions are:
1) could the tail light be related to the BCM?
2) if I were to re solder the joints on the BCM could I risk messing anything up?
If I re solder the joints I'll use the picture in the other thread, I just didn't want to hijack that thread with my own problems.
This is as far as my window rolls up before it stops. The motor was replaced in November
Attachment 31637

This is where the bulb is that works sometimes, but not always
Attachment 31638
Thanks in advanced for any help

Quote:
In case it's a question, I have used a soldering iron before, but it was only three or four times and I was using it to solder in pick ups on a few of my guitars, so nothing really computer related.
The tail light bulb and BCM are not related. I suspect a short to ground somewhere causing the tail light to blow. Re-soldering the joints in the BCM should fix your stereo and window issues. As long as you solder the joints correctly, there should not be any problems with anything else.

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/
Old 01-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #55

Garage
Thanks for the help. Also, when I put a CD into the player the display shows an error and ejects the CD, could this also be due to the BCM or that just be the head unit?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:45 PM   #56
CZ Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the help. Also, when I put a CD into the player the display shows an error and ejects the CD, could this also be due to the BCM or that just be the head unit?
Head unit itself...... Does it show an error code? Or just the word error? Could be the CD itself........ If a code, let me know what it is.
Reasons a CD player can show an "error".
1) Dirty or BADLY (excessive) scratched CD: A CD player uses a laser to "read" the CD. A CD has microscopic dots and dashes to make up a digital signal, this is the music or whatever, in digital form, all, CD players have digital to analog converters to convert the digital information to analog, this analog form (signal) is what you hear (music).
2) Mismatched Disc format: trying to play an mp3 encoded CD in a player that doesn't support the format.
3) Excessive heat or cold: Head unit too hot or too cold. (usually caused by extreme weather conditions).
4) Dirty laser lens: Sometimes the laser lens can get dirty, especially mobile CD players. I have never experienced this issue before, but it can happen. Also #1 ^^ A Badly scratched CD will hinder the laser from reading the disc.

Also keep in mind: CD players use an error correction system to correct playback errors, sometimes if a disc is so badly scratched that the laser can't read a disc, even the best error correction system will not/can't help. So the CD player will show an "error" on the display and usually eject the disc. Ejecting the disc also varies by manufacturer. Not all of them will do this.
FYI: The error correction system in a factory stereo is sub-par compared to after market CD players.

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/

Last edited by Ercmann; 01-20-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #57

Garage
It just says "Err" on the display. I've tried a few different CDs so I don't think it's because of the CDs being dirty. I got the car in November, so I've only had it for the winter, so the cold could be a possibility. I don't think I've tried using the CD player in the extreme cold yet, I tried it again today before posting about the issue and it ejected the CD again, and it was in the mid-high 30s today. I'll try it again after some extended driving to make sure the car has enough time to heat up and then try again to be sure. And I buy all if my CDs, so I think that eliminates the mismatched format possibility. If I were to e a dirt laser lens aren't there cleaning discs or something that I could go buy for a temporary solution, until I'm able to replace the head unit?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #58
CZ Vendor

Garage
Quote:
It just says "Err" on the display. I've tried a few different CDs so I don't think it's because of the CDs being dirty. I got the car in November, so I've only had it for the winter, so the cold could be a possibility. I don't think I've tried using the CD player in the extreme cold yet, I tried it again today before posting about the issue and it ejected the CD again, and it was in the mid-high 30s today. I'll try it again after some extended driving to make sure the car has enough time to heat up and then try again to be sure. And I buy all if my CDs, so I think that eliminates the mismatched format possibility. If I were to e a dirt laser lens aren't there cleaning discs or something that I could go buy for a temporary solution, until I'm able to replace the head unit?
Yes, there are laser lens "cleaners" (cleaning discs)..... but they can do more harm than good. You could try it if you want to, but I do not recommend them.

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/
Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #59

Garage
Time to start saving up for a new head unit, then. Thank you for all of your help. Just one more question, though. Back to the BCM real quick, is re soldering the connections something a dumb high schooler that has little experience with a soldering iron can do without messing anything up? I know how to solder, but I've only done it a few times before, but I feel like it'd be unnecessary to pay someone to do that
Old 01-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #60
CZ Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Time to start saving up for a new head unit, then. Thank you for all of your help. Just one more question, though. Back to the BCM real quick, is re soldering the connections something a dumb high schooler that has little experience with a soldering iron can do without messing anything up? I know how to solder, but I've only done it a few times before, but I feel like it'd be unnecessary to pay someone to do that
you are welcome. Yes, re-soldering the BCM is something you should be able to tackle. Getting the BCM out of the car is harder (tedious) than the repair

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/