Ryan Hardy's 1997 Camaro Z28 Thread - Page 3 - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > General Discussion Forums > Members Camaros and Firebirds

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 PM   #41
Veteran Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage
So, update- Got the fog light connectors all hooked up, and then installed the HID's and they look SICK. thanks for all the help guys, I also started replacing some of the sockets, changed to clear side markers w/ red lights, got my headlights and turn signals housings out, changed to LED flashers, and got all my turn signals/ DRL changed to LEDs. So I think I've made some nice progress! we just got blasted with a TON of snow, (even though it was 52 degrees yesterday) so I'll have to wait for all that to clear before I go back into the garage and do anymore work. Up next, is replacing more sockets on the front half, and then installing the new turn signal housings, and the new headlights. Then onto the interior, I got new seat belt guides, and I have the radio apart, so I just gotta get the head unit re installer, and then reinstall the rear seats, which I had out over winter. I conditioned them, etc. so hopefully they'll stay nice and not rip. or anything. Then once the salts gone it'll be off to the mechanic shop and after that, it should be done for now! Oh, and here's some pre-winter pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8175.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	27000   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9030.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	27001   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6694.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	27002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6776.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	27003   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5178.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	27004  

August 2013 Car Of The Month
1997 30th anniversary BBM Camaro Z28/SS (clone)
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f14/...thread-185395/
Ryanhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #42

Name:	ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1394680083.582231.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	27005Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1394680094.647124.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	27006Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1394680171.400046.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	27007Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1394680194.855543.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	27008
foxracert18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:14 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanhardy View Post
So, update- Got the fog light connectors all hooked up, and then installed the HID's and they look SICK. thanks for all the help guys, I also started replacing some of the sockets, changed to clear side markers w/ red lights, got my headlights and turn signals housings out, changed to LED flashers, and got all my turn signals/ DRL changed to LEDs. So I think I've made some nice progress! we just got blasted with a TON of snow, (even though it was 52 degrees yesterday) so I'll have to wait for all that to clear before I go back into the garage and do anymore work. Up next, is replacing more sockets on the front half, and then installing the new turn signal housings, and the new headlights. Then onto the interior, I got new seat belt guides, and I have the radio apart, so I just gotta get the head unit re installer, and then reinstall the rear seats, which I had out over winter. I conditioned them, etc. so hopefully they'll stay nice and not rip. or anything. Then once the salts gone it'll be off to the mechanic shop and after that, it should be done for now! Oh, and here's some pre-winter pics

You have a beautiful car man
94 camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Garage
thanks bro!

So, another potential issue, as I've now got the fog lights all buttoned up, I hooked my head unit back up, and went to put the radio bezel on, when I came to the realization that there was no way to hook up the fog light switch to the bezel so that when I went to press them on the switch wouldn't fall back in. Upon closer inspection I found that for some reason every single slot had the clips that hold the switches in, broken off.... So, without having to buy a new radio bezel, would you guys have any suggestions on what to do about this? oh P.S- it's a double din, so if I did have to buy a new bezel, I wouldn't be able to just find another one( I don't think I could at least) it would have to be modified.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9567.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	27070   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9568.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	27071   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9569.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	27072  
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

Old 03-18-2014, 01:06 AM   #45
Addicted Member

Garage
Thought I'd share this on your threadClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1395115579.631693.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	27110

1999 Firebird Build Thread
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Garage
I've looked on ebay, and I can;t seem to find a replacement pig tail for this.... Also, I swapped in my second turn signal pig tail, and connected it, and when I tried the turn signal my car went crazy, and the turn signal would stay solid, but the gauge cluster lights would flash on and off as if I were turning the lights on and off, so I removed the SMD bulb that i had and put the regular kind in, and it worked fine.... what could cause this? especially since I replaced both flashers with the LED ones, and the drivers side has the same SMD bulb, and it works fine. The only issue on the drivers side is the smaller bulb I attached a picture of, isn't lighting up. It's supposed to be lit up all the time, right? The one on the passenger side is at least.
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

Old 03-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #47
CZ Vendor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Garage
Quote:
thanks bro!

So, another potential issue, as I've now got the fog lights all buttoned up, I hooked my head unit back up, and went to put the radio bezel on, when I came to the realization that there was no way to hook up the fog light switch to the bezel so that when I went to press them on the switch wouldn't fall back in. Upon closer inspection I found that for some reason every single slot had the clips that hold the switches in, broken off.... So, without having to buy a new radio bezel, would you guys have any suggestions on what to do about this? oh P.S- it's a double din, so if I did have to buy a new bezel, I wouldn't be able to just find another one( I don't think I could at least) it would have to be modified.
Oops!! how did I miss this post? Yes, I hate to say it but, you would need to buy a new bezel.

Quote:
I've looked on ebay, and I can't seem to find a replacement pig tail for this.... Also, I swapped in my second turn signal pig tail, and connected it, and when I tried the turn signal my car went crazy, and the turn signal would stay solid, but the gauge cluster lights would flash on and off as if I were turning the lights on and off, so I removed the SMD bulb that i had and put the regular kind in, and it worked fine.... what could cause this? especially since I replaced both flashers with the LED ones, and the drivers side has the same SMD bulb, and it works fine. The only issue on the drivers side is the smaller bulb I attached a picture of, isn't lighting up. It's supposed to be lit up all the time, right? The one on the passenger side is at least.
A new Pigtail for which light? Try switching the SMD bulb (passenger side for driver side and driver side for passenger side) and see if the issue continues on the other side. See if it follows the bulb. Could be a bad SMD

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
http://www.ercsaudio.com/
10% OFF LIFETIME Site-Wide Discount Code at ErcsAudio, for ALL CZ Members!! Enter Code CZ10LIFE at checkout!
https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f18/erics-01-ss-
mod-thread-178452/
https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f27/...m-poll-180546/
Ercmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Garage
sorry, I thought I had pictures attached! here they are now! It's this light.... I believe that's considered the DRL? It's always lit, and so is the turn signal, and then when I put a signal on, it stays on, and just the second "filament" of the SMD flashes.... unless it's not supposed to act like that? but on the driver side, it's not lit at all, but the turn signal still acts naturally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Thought I'd share this on your threadAttachment 27110
i mean for chrome wheels.... that actually looks really good! is that BBM? or a different color? looks kinda darkish?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9576.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	27139   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9577.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	27140  
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

Last edited by Ryanhardy; 03-18-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #49
CZ Vendor

Garage
Quote:
sorry, I thought I had pictures attached! here they are now! It's this light.... I believe that's considered the DRL? It's always lit, and so is the turn signal, and then when I put a signal on, it stays on, and just the second "filament" of the SMD flashes.... unless it's not supposed to act like that? but on the driver side, it's not lit at all, but the turn signal still acts naturally

i mean for chrome wheels.... that actually looks really good! is that BBM? or a different color? looks kinda darkish?
The little "corner" light in the front Turn signal/DRL lens isn't the DRL.... The DRL is also the turn signal bulb. That little light is separate and I believe comes on with the parking/head lights. it may also come on with the DRL's, I don't remember. And right now, I'm too lazy to go check mine. LOL.... Either way, those little (corner) lights aren't the DRL's.

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
10% OFF LIFETIME Site-Wide Discount Code at ErcsAudio, for ALL CZ Members!! Enter Code CZ10LIFE at checkout!
mod-thread-178452/
Old 03-19-2014, 12:32 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercmann View Post
The little "corner" light in the front Turn signal/DRL lens isn't the DRL.... The DRL is also the turn signal bulb. That little light is separate and I believe comes on with the parking/head lights. it may also come on with the DRL's, I don't remember. And right now, I'm too lazy to go check mine. LOL.... Either way, those little (corner) lights aren't the DRL's.
okay right right, i just meant when are they supposed to be lit, and where can I buy a new socket for it.... I haven't found any on ebay or anything
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

Old 03-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #51
CZ Vendor

Garage
Ryan Hardy's 1997 Camaro Z28 Thread

Quote:
okay right right, i just meant when are they supposed to be lit, and where can I buy a new socket for it.... I haven't found any on ebay or anything
I'll do search for 1 today. I work today but maybe it will be slow enough I will have time. If not, when I get home this evening.

Edit: I "believe" this is what you are looking for.
http://bit.ly/1eRILpm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	27157  

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/

Last edited by Ercmann; 03-19-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #52
Always Watching...
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Send a message via AIM to Superman
How To Change The Connector for Rear Side Markers in 98-02 F-Bodies

Part number is in there.
You can also cross reference the part number and find a connector that's laying on it's side like the stock ones do. So it'll fit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96FBird View Post
... and for that Superman wins the internets
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Garage
well I'm actually talking about the front lights, not the rear side markers. Although that looks like it could be the same socket!

BUMP. on whether anyone knows when those lights should be running.... I thought they were on 24/7 but mine aren't working for some reason....
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

Old 03-25-2014, 02:42 AM   #54
CZ Vendor

Garage

Quote:
BUMP. on whether anyone knows when those lights should be running.... I thought they were on 24/7 but mine aren't working for some reason....
I thought I answered this already. ^^^ I'll check in the morning and tell you for sure when they are suppose to be on.

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/
Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercmann View Post
I thought I answered this already. ^^^ I'll check in the morning and tell you for sure when they are suppose to be on.

Okay, thank you!
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

Old 03-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #56
CZ Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Okay, thank you!
Ok, the front little corner lights DO NOT come on with the DRL's. Only come on with parking/headlights.
First pic is DRL's only, the little corner light's are NOT on.
Second pic is headlights/parking lights on, little corner lights are also on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	27297   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	27298  

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
mod-thread-178452/

Last edited by Ercmann; 03-25-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Garage
Thanks ercmann! That helps a lot!
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

Old 03-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Garage
so, just doing a little looking under the hood, when I realized I'm missing two fuses... that I believe it said it went to the Right and Left headlamps? but my headlights work... so who knows. Also, I was doing some digging just trying to figure out whats original/ modded. I have Pacesetter longtubes ID #70-2239...don't know if they're good or not, and my intake plenum doesn't have any like edelbrock on it, but it's painted red like the BBK ones... I also have an ID #17096113 0237 KNL 3 Rochester (which I know is where they manufacture) but anyone know anything about it? last I dunno what this is under my CAI... cause i thought my AIR pump was deleted, and if I recall that's where it should be?

edit: although now that I'm looking at the pictures, it looks like it's hooked up to the brake master cylinder?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9624.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	27352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9625.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	27353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9627.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	27354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9631.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	27355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9629.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	27356  

LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*

Last edited by Ryanhardy; 03-27-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:28 AM   #59
The "other" FI Bird

Garage

Could be a painted stock intake or it could be an lt4 intake. Are your heads stock? I'm wondering why someone would pull the intake on a low mileage motor just for fun.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhobbins View Post
Could be a painted stock intake or it could be an lt4 intake. Are your heads stock? I'm wondering why someone would pull the intake on a low mileage motor just for fun.
I wish I knew dude.... ahaha but as far as I know it has an LT4 hot cam... so i guess it could be an LT4 intake if the person bought that full set. I also noticed I have vette valve covers as opposed to camaro ones...
LT1, T-56 340 RWHP
LS1 front end swap

*Daily Driven*