Car doesn't start, please help! - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > 4th Gen (1993-97) Camaro and Firebird Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 07-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Unhappy Car doesn't start, please help!

Hey everybody. I have a few questions to ask after Iíve been pooling for hours on this and several sites checking out all of the posts. Everything was running great, no problems with the car. There is a car show coming up in about a week and I decided to detail under the hood. I covered the opti, all electrical, the alternator, etc. washed, scrubbed, and rinsed. After this I started the car to move it back in the garage and it started and ran for about 5 seconds and then died out. I attempted to restart the car and it wouldnít restart. Iíve had this happen before after a rainstorm or after a bad mechanic shop did a sloppy coolant change. Anyways, I usually just let the car sit and it dries out and runs fine no problem. This has only happened to me twice. Iíve let it sit for three 24 hour days and collect a lot of sunlight to dry things out. Today is the third day; I went out to start it and still just turns but wonít start. So, I hooked the scanner up to it and pulled all the codes and they were as follows and in this order 1) P0372 2) P1371 3) P0336 4) P0372 5) P1371. I then cleared the codes and kept the scanner on while cranking and the only code is P1371 and this one is flashing pending. SO, having said that, I know what the codes are and what they mean, I have Autotap software, a scanner, the GM service manuals, all the yada yada stuff. The GM manuals say the computer sets the code after two unsuccessful rotations of not detecting a low resolution impulse. This would lead me to believe opti even though in the past drying out has worked; the third and final time may have been ďthe straw that broke the camelís backĒ. Making a long story short, my question is: based on everyoneís past experiences here and the codes and symptoms I have listed, do you think the problem is in the coil / ICM / both, harness, or the opti? Also, where is everyone getting their Optiís these days online for a decent price? Any good ideas for drying out the opti via the vent hoses? Thanks in advance for your help. I really appreciate any help that anyone else can give.
QUICKB4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Accel, Accel, Performance Replacement, At StreetSideAuto.com

Thats where the one I got came from.

Yeah you gotta love the opti.
omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car wash, coil, distributor, no start, optispark