99 Pontiac 3.8 p1515 DTC - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > V6 Camaro and Firebird Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-30-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Question 99 Pontiac 3.8 p1515 DTC

hello everyone im having problems with my 99 firebird and its a bit odd to say the least i bought it for 1000 with a little over 120xxx miles on it and it had been sitting for some years we got it jumped and i brought it home after putting a new battery in it drove it for about a week with no problems then i parked it for a few days after some days pass i get in it for a night cruze and its ideling rough but not bad so the next day i change the plugs and it runs fine for a while then i have problems again rough idle but worse now well i talk to a friend and he says change my temp sensor out since its in the same harness as the mass af sensor and throttle body harness so i change it and oddly it works for a while then the issue comes up again same p1515 well i was a bit down on my luck i tried swapping the temp sensor wires starting it swapping them back and started it and it ran drove it home parked it changed the rear end out drove iit parked it and its back to the same issue p1515 not even wanting to run so i go to the junkyard get an ignition module change it our it starts but it has a rough idle no throttle response and it dies so thats where i am at now is there anything else i can do to fix the issue or do i have to buy a new throttle body for 1000
BrightBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2020, 08:03 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Isn't this a duplicate thread?
Sk8rmacity is offline   Reply With Quote