Guage fuse keeps blowing. Need help ASAP - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > 3rd Gen (1982-92) Camaro and Firebird Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 06-07-2018, 02:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Exclamation Guage fuse keeps blowing. Need help ASAP

I have my 83 camaro z28 iroc Z and it was in good condition till a couple of days ago when I took it out for school. I noticed when i got home that my radiator coolant all leaked out and my passenger carpet was soaked and my guages except for speedometer stopped working. I checked the fuse and it wad blown out. I replaced it and not even two seconds pass and it blows again. Anyone knows why ?
Adiaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
CZ Vendor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiaz2000 View Post
I have my 83 camaro z28 iroc Z and it was in good condition till a couple of days ago when I took it out for school. I noticed when i got home that my radiator coolant all leaked out and my passenger carpet was soaked and my guages except for speedometer stopped working. I checked the fuse and it wad blown out. I replaced it and not even two seconds pass and it blows again. Anyone knows why ?
First, An '83 IROC? No, an '83 is not an IROC. The IROC wasn't introduced until model year 1985.

The engine coolant Disappearing and passenger side floor being wet is the heater core. Need a new heater core. That's under the dash on the passenger side. The blown fuse could be related, but not likely. A blown fuse is usually caused by a short.

2001 Camaro SS LS1, M6
SLP Build #1040
"Concert Hall On Wheels"
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
http://www.ercmannscaraudio.com/
10% OFF LIFETIME Site-Wide Discount Code at ErcsAudio, for ALL CZ Members!! Enter Code CZ10LIFE at checkout!
https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f18/erics-01-ss-
mod-thread-178452/
https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f27...m-poll-180546/
Ercmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercmann View Post
First, An '83 IROC? No, an '83 is not an IROC. The IROC wasn't introduced until model year 1985.

The engine coolant Disappearing and passenger side floor being wet is the heater core. Need a new heater core. That's under the dash on the passenger side. The blown fuse could be related, but not likely. A blown fuse is usually caused by a short.
Well it has iroc z on the side and it has it marked in the papers.

But how can i find the short. It only started happening when the coolant all leaked out. Thats when my fuel,temp, battery, and rpm stopped working. It was working just fine. Everytime i put a fus and turn the key it blows.
Adiaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiaz2000 View Post
Well it has iroc z on the side and it has it marked in the papers.

But how can i find the short. It only started happening when the coolant all leaked out. Thats when my fuel,temp, battery, and rpm stopped working. It was working just fine. Everytime i put a fus and turn the key it blows.
The Gages Fuse is used for supply power to a lot of things.

if the problem is inside the car you must remove the console and check for any shorts at the harness.

at the passenger side are the A/C system control cables and ECU connectors.
but it first pass thrugh the drivers side from the C100 and the Fusebox and from the ignition switch.

i had a similar problem whith my 84, i decided to rebuild most of the harness due to the extreme modifications and cables cutted maded by the previous owmer.

but if you remove the console dash be sure to deconnect everithing and the harness comes out toghether

the link is for the wiring diagram corresponding to the Gages Fuse

https://mega.nz/#!a5JFVZxA!H9Rgvn3Cs...djPrV4ZohMGWGA

Last edited by danteac; 06-16-2018 at 07:15 PM.
danteac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:24 PM   #5

Garage
https://mega.nz/#F!r8pBCRTY!uf4_oeCx...ADF1A!OtZXkLQb

this is all wirings diagram i have
danteac is offline   Reply With Quote