Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News (https://www.camarozone.com/forum/)
-   4th Gen (1998-02) Camaro and Firebird Tech (https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f18/)
-   -   Need a replacement cat, best route? (https://www.camarozone.com/forum/f18/need-replacement-cat-best-route-144795/)

AwsmGy 01-14-2011 02:35 PM

Need a replacement cat, best route?
 
Title pretty much sums it up. I plan on moving to CA after I graduate so I need to keep it emissions friendly.

Battousai 01-14-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwsmGy (Post 290221)
Title pretty much sums it up. I plan on moving to CA after I graduate so I need to keep it emissions friendly.

being in cali, the converters have to be in the same location as stock...so find some from a partout that are good, or something like that.

unless you know a 'special' inspection station...

ZexGX 01-14-2011 04:37 PM

Magnaflow direct replacement. They are CA legal now.

Battousai 01-14-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZexGX (Post 290245)
Magnaflow direct replacement. They are CA legal now.

just the Direct fit, not the universal, correct?

AwsmGy 01-14-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZexGX (Post 290245)
Magnaflow direct replacement. They are CA legal now.

Do you know the part #?

ZexGX 01-14-2011 04:56 PM

Better buy them one at a time:
Driver side: MagnaFlow Catalytic Converters - 49-STATE & CANADA Catalytic Converters For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
Passenger Side: MagnaFlow Catalytic Converters - 49-STATE & CANADA Catalytic Converters For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

AwsmGy 01-14-2011 05:05 PM

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/064/18...jpg?1281130184

Korndogg 01-14-2011 05:07 PM

Thats what you get for moving to that shit state.

96FBird 01-14-2011 05:09 PM

that is spendy lol

Superman 01-14-2011 05:09 PM

:lol: damn...

whitdog54 01-14-2011 05:54 PM

LOL that pic was just awesome hahaha. Dont move there!!!

JacobLS1 01-14-2011 07:16 PM

You could consider keeping it registered in AZ.

I'm moving to California, and my car is staying registered here. I'm sending my aunt money and she sends me the tags. We do it with my dad's jeep. The only thing he cant do is get decals for base. Well he could, but he doesn't want to sacrifice his credibility.

SnIpEr 01-14-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korndogg (Post 290266)
Thats what you get for moving to that shit state.


Gtfo....


Awsmgy where in ca? I know a special place :snky: go to banditexhaust.com and buy from him. Insanely cheap and legit. Just satin :P

Battousai direct fit is no different from universal the cat is the same. It's just about which I easier to put on, go universal. Much cheaper in the end when a shop welds it on

Battousai 01-14-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnIpEr (Post 290398)
Battousai direct fit is no different from universal the cat is the same. It's just about which I easier to put on, go universal. Much cheaper in the end when a shop welds it on

wrong, most universals arn't CARB certified...

AwsmGy 01-15-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnIpEr (Post 290398)
Gtfo....


Awsmgy where in ca? I know a special place :snky: go to banditexhaust.com and buy from him. Insanely cheap and legit. Just satin :P

Battousai direct fit is no different from universal the cat is the same. It's just about which I easier to put on, go universal. Much cheaper in the end when a shop welds it on


It's either going to be San Diego or San Francisco. Just depends on where I can get a job.

Rs5sp 01-15-2011 04:09 PM

do the magnaflow cat make the car sound different or its the same as a stock one? i dont really knw the difference since ive only had a stock on..

ZexGX 01-15-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rs5sp (Post 290520)
do the magnaflow cat make the car sound different or its the same as a stock one? i dont really knw the difference since ive only had a stock on..

It's pretty much the same as stock. If you're looking for something that sounds like it's not there then you will be disappointed, because all cats quiet the exhaust down a good amount.

Rs5sp 01-15-2011 06:02 PM

ya i figured that.does it make a difference in speed?

JacobLS1 01-15-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rs5sp (Post 290574)
ya i figured that.does it make a difference in speed?

high flow can give you more power..doubt it's noticeable.

floorit 01-15-2011 08:21 PM

somewhere between like 2-5 more HP I think. Unless its an ancient cat from like the 70's or 80's those were the real restrictive ones :P new factory ones are usually just as good as any aftermarket ones.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © CamaroZone.com