New Member/Questions - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Site News & Introductions > Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

New Member/Questions

Hello CZ!

New member to the forums here!

I have a '95 Z28 maro with a brand new LT1 and High-Performance Transmission, both blew within 3k miles of each other. Only have about 5K miles on the motor and tranny. Looking for suggested upgrades. My goal is to have a supercharger installed by May of 2014, so the inquiry is about what needs to be done/upgraded to handle it properly. Please note the difference between NEED and WANT!!

Also, it's a T-Top, and as almost every other older camaro owner knows, the seals are not in shape anymore. Whenever it rains I get a drip from the driver side TTop and it hits my thigh. It also runs down the molding on the drivers side wind shield and drips on my dashboard and down my door. I also get drips on the left shoulder part of the seat. If its raining more than a drizzle, my seat is usually soaked and I must sit on a towel. I see a soft spot on the drivers side TTop seal which the water comes through, but im not sure if that is the only leak since other places in the car get wet. Im not sure if other places get wet from my acceleration and braking that causes the water to run front and back and drip everywhere.

Any information to help either inquiry will help greatly.
2cars2camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Don't know what to tell you about the engine issues, but you cn get replacement weather stripping for the t-tops. That's readily available through most parts distributors. Rock auto parts is a good place to look, and, they are a sponser of this forum so you can get to the from here.
fingerprintguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #3

Ok, I apologize, There is no issue with the motor/tranny. I had blown them both, but I swapped new ones in so I was inquiring about what to upgrade further to accomodate a supercharger.
2cars2camaros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, camaro, lt1, transmission, z28