Cylinder 2 misfire code and more - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > Camaro & Firebird Tech Forums > 5th Gen (2010+) Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 07-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Cylinder 2 misfire code and more

My son drives a 2011 SS. 6.2. The other day the car lost power and acted like it dropped a cylinder. Had someone come out and read the codes. I was told it was a throttle body sensor. Replaced throttle body and had it calibrated. Did not help. I have since replaced the Coils, wires, plugs, and battery. Bought a scanner. Cleared all codes. Hooked the scanner and started the engine. The thing barely stays running. These are my codes:
P0106- MAP Performance problem
P0302- Cylinder 2 Misfire
P0122- Throttle position low volt
P0223- Throttle position High volt
p0113- IAT circuit High input.
Also have check engine, traction control, airbag light on.

I'm going to check the catalytic converters next. Then pull the valve cover. The car does not smoke out the tail pipes. After that I'm out of ideas.
JDPaddack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPaddack View Post
My son drives a 2011 SS. 6.2. The other day the car lost power and acted like it dropped a cylinder. Had someone come out and read the codes. I was told it was a throttle body sensor. Replaced throttle body and had it calibrated. Did not help. I have since replaced the Coils, wires, plugs, and battery. Bought a scanner. Cleared all codes. Hooked the scanner and started the engine. The thing barely stays running. These are my codes:
P0106- MAP Performance problem
P0302- Cylinder 2 Misfire
P0122- Throttle position low volt
P0223- Throttle position High volt
p0113- IAT circuit High input.
Also have check engine, traction control, airbag light on.

I'm going to check the catalytic converters next. Then pull the valve cover. The car does not smoke out the tail pipes. After that I'm out of ideas.
Pull the valve cover, Ive heard that these engines have a problem with collapsed lifters, sounds like that may be your problem .
Oldfart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. Wasn't sure if anyone worked on camaros on this site! Camaro Zone seemed like a good place to ask a question about our Camaro.
JDPaddack is offline   Reply With Quote