1999 Camaro grinding noise - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 04-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

1999 Camaro grinding noise

Hey anyone. I have a 1999 Camaro 3800 v6 automatic transmission single driveshaft that makes a scraping noise as if something is touching the driveshaft mostly when accelerating and when the suspension bottoms out. I got the car up on ramps and looked it over but no marks on the driveshaft, nothing seemed out of place or damaged. Rearend fluid is full, transmission fluid is full and doesn't smell burnt so anyone know of any other things I should check I would appreciate all advice thank you
Joeblow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2020, 09:31 PM   #2

Have you checked your transmission mount?
BigBowtie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:39 AM   #3

does it sound like gear whine to you?

it may be a good idea to open up your differential and check for metal shards. at the very last, if you don't find anything wrong in there, at least it's a good opportunity to change your gear oil - always a good thing.

how are your tires wearing? check to see if your tires are wearing evenly. if you find, say, your rear right tire is worn a lot worse than the other three, then you likely have a problem not related to the gears or differential. if all 4 tires are worn evenly, that tells us something else. even/uneven tire wear tells us a lot about your situation.

shareit app vidmate Vidmate app
grabdexter is offline   Reply With Quote