man why do cops profile - Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News

Go Back   Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 611
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
man why do cops profile

im not saying all do but most in this area most do..the other day i was heading to school and i went to pass a car when i cop tagged me and gave me a ticked for doing 63 in a 40 didnt say anything but "here sing this" and "heres your ticket have a nice day" WTF just has i was getting reading to order a cut out my money has to go to the city of McAllen......doucebags....thats all i have to say(im still a little upset about it sorry)
david_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
Always Watching...
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
 
Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 22,233
Thanks: 348
Thanked 625 Times in 512 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Superman
Well, you think after your first ticket, you'd learn to slow down...or invest in a radar detector...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96FBird View Post
... and for that Superman wins the internets
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 611
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
i have a radar it went off too late and my first ticket wasnt even for speeding lol im not really upset about the ticket just the way he was treating me because of what i was driving and i know if i had been in another car like my pops g5 he probably wouldnt of even taken a second look
david_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-16-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
Token Firebird Owner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
 
ZexGX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: All Over Southern California
Posts: 9,908
Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 570 Times in 448 Posts
At least he had a reason... Last time I got pulled over (it was in New Mexico) the cop didn't have a valid excuse for pulling me over in the first place. I was obeying all of the laws. He made up some BS excuse that I was "spending too much time in the left lane". YEAH BUDDY, THATS CAUSE I HAD PASSED A ROW OF SEMI TRUCKS DOING 20MPH UNDER 3.5 SECONDS BEFORE WITH NOBODY IN FRONT OF THEM FOR 3 MILES AND WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY TRYING TO PULL ME OVER FOR NO REASON. He was probably hoping that my car would have something illegal on it, but I keep my car legal - so no ticket was issued for anything. Asked where I was going and where I've been, except the dumbass didn't know any of the places I named. I even said "it's about 30 miles south of where I-40 (the freeway he pulled me over on) ends in California - near Bakersfield" and he went "huh. nope don't know where that is." right then I thought "oh god. we're on I-40 and you're a highway patrol officer and you don't know where this interstate ends less than 400 miles away?"

More highlights:

"Hi officer. Was I doing anything wrong??"
"Well, uh... ... ... ... ... ..."
"I've been driving very carefully and obeying all road laws.. I'm on a road trip pretty far from home..."
"Well.."

Moving on:
"Breckenridge, where's that?"
"Colorado. It's near Vail. Sorta east of Denver."
"Where's Vail?"
"Off of I-70"
"Where's that?"

******* just ended up wasting my time and emphasizing his geographic stupidity.

Last edited by ZexGX; 04-16-2009 at 01:12 AM.
ZexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 611
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZexGX View Post
At least he had a reason... Last time I got pulled over the cop didn't have a valid excuse for pulling me over in the first place. I think he was hoping that my car would have something illegal on it, but I keep my car legal - so no ticket. ******* just wasted my time.
good point..sucks about getting pulled over for no reason...well since were on the topic its a weird story but i got pulled over for driving with my foot out the window like 4 years ago
david_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
Always Watching...
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
 
Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 22,233
Thanks: 348
Thanked 625 Times in 512 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Superman
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_nightmare View Post
i have a radar it went off too late and my first ticket wasnt even for speeding lol im not really upset about the ticket just the way he was treating me because of what i was driving and i know if i had been in another car like my pops g5 he probably wouldnt of even taken a second look
Seriously doubt he was "profiling" you because of the car you were in. I'm thinking the reason he pulled you over was because you were going 23 miles over the speed limit. But that's just my guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_nightmare View Post
good point..sucks about getting pulled over for no reason...well since were on the topic its a weird story but i got pulled over for driving with my foot out the window like 4 years ago
And you wonder why the cops love you...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96FBird View Post
... and for that Superman wins the internets
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:51 AM   #7
Ambitious, but Rubbish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rocket 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,300
Thanks: 85
Thanked 117 Times in 61 Posts
Garage
You were going 23mph over the limit.

In NY if he wanted to be a dick he could take a shot at removing your license so I wouldn't bitch too much
Probably near the end of his shift and didn't want to hear any excuses, or saw your Radar Detector and then there was no way he'd let you off.

Pulling someone over for 23 over the speed limit is not profiling. Not asking you how your day was going isn't profiling... he did not profile you at all.
__________________
Andy

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Italia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1,221
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Italia
Dude seriously.

you were speeding. and not 10 mph over bullshit speeding.

you were breaking the law in a hardcore way. And I live in Texas too so I know how to cops are but for real man, 23 mph over.
__________________


Italia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 611
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
im not bitchin bout the ticket that was my bad i was merely passing a car kinda in a rush though..but i guess i souldnt complain it coulda been worse...but i at least wanted a chance to give an excuse and i wasnt the only car speeding in that area...but forget it its over with have to take defensive driving AGAIN. i know it sounds like im just making excuses but just giving my side after i passed i slowed down back to the limit..if i had know he actually tagged me i woulda booked it to the school parking lot wich was right next to were i pulled over(might have been a bit dumber to do that though)
david_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 611
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
You were going 23mph over the limit.

In NY if he wanted to be a dick he could take a shot at removing your license so I wouldn't bitch too much
Probably near the end of his shift and didn't want to hear any excuses, or saw your Radar Detector and then there was no way he'd let you off.

Pulling someone over for 23 over the speed limit is not profiling. Not asking you how your day was going isn't profiling... he did not profile you at all.
true. just when i get a little pissed i blame anyone else until i clam down .so ive been keeping a low profile and not driving my car to school. im taking the G5 (until i sell it)
david_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #11
Always Watching...
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
 
Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 22,233
Thanks: 348
Thanked 625 Times in 512 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Superman
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_nightmare View Post
im not bitchin bout the ticket that was my bad i was merely passing a car kinda in a rush though..but i guess i souldnt complain it coulda been worse...but i at least wanted a chance to give an excuse and i wasnt the only car speeding in that area...but forget it its over with have to take defensive driving AGAIN. i know it sounds like im just making excuses but just giving my side after i passed i slowed down back to the limit..if i had know he actually tagged me i woulda booked it to the school parking lot wich was right next to were i pulled over(might have been a bit dumber to do that though)
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96FBird View Post
... and for that Superman wins the internets
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 611
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post

ill give ya that one
david_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Korndogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 7,600
Thanks: 19
Thanked 264 Times in 182 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Korndogg
lol this thread is funny
__________________
1968 Camaro 383

Korndogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
CZ Supporter
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
whitdog54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: w. Mass
Posts: 4,849
Thanks: 20
Thanked 56 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to whitdog54
On the subject of cops. Got pulled over this weekend because a cop saw me walk out of store with beer. He goes "I know your not 21" (which Im not) takes my beer, my fake ID, and tells me to bring the girl in the car home. So what ever I leave, go pick up a friend who is 21. He buys me beer, were coming back...I see the blue lights again. WTF. i roll down my window "whats the rush? you were 41 in a 35".....wtf. Anyways he asks to search my car and I just say no, you dont deserve. After BSing for 5 min he runs my record and lets me go. So.........the nights almost over and Im parked on an open road next to these train tracks. I ahve a girl in my car and BAM! blue lights again. 3 F*cking times in one night. Im pretty sure this was fricking profiling. They mutsa been laughing their asses off at the station at me.

\rant
__________________
2000 Firebird- Pacesetter headers & y-pipe | catco 3" CAT | slp factory dual exhaust | whisper lid w/ K&N filter | aluminum DS | GU6/G80 | 1LE sway bars | LCA Relo's | SFCs | FTRA | 3" E-cut out | 1/4: [email protected]

2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP LM1 | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | [email protected] | 321HP/327TQ
whitdog54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #15
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Navypilot2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 842
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Navypilot2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitdog54 View Post
On the subject of cops. Got pulled over this weekend because a cop saw me walk out of store with beer. He goes "I know your not 21" (which Im not) takes my beer, my fake ID, and tells me to bring the girl in the car home. So what ever I leave, go pick up a friend who is 21. He buys me beer, were coming back...I see the blue lights again. WTF. i roll down my window "whats the rush? you were 41 in a 35".....wtf. Anyways he asks to search my car and I just say no, you dont deserve. After BSing for 5 min he runs my record and lets me go. So.........the nights almost over and Im parked on an open road next to these train tracks. I ahve a girl in my car and BAM! blue lights again. 3 F*cking times in one night. Im pretty sure this was fricking profiling. They mutsa been laughing their asses off at the station at me.

\rant
wow you were the joke of the night. lol thats pretty funny. messed up but funny. Kinda like me gettin pulled over for driving near some projects and arousing the local authorities.
Navypilot2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #16
Senior Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cnype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 546
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_nightmare View Post
im not saying all do but most in this area most do..the other day i was heading to school and i went to pass a car when i cop tagged me and gave me a ticked for doing 63 in a 40 didnt say anything but "here sing this" and "heres your ticket have a nice day" WTF just has i was getting reading to order a cut out my money has to go to the city of McAllen......doucebags....thats all i have to say(im still a little upset about it sorry)

No he wasnt discriminating in any way. He didn't talk to you because he gets tired of hearing stupid stories from everybody. Trust me, got some stupid crap flying around... especially when they think it'll get them out of a ticket.
__________________
Phoenix
cnype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 611
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
now ive calmed down and this picture explains me perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!





i guess i just cant help myself sometimes
david_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #18
Addicted Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
R6Biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 15
Thanked 71 Times in 66 Posts
Send a message via AIM to R6Biker
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitdog54 View Post
On the subject of cops. Got pulled over this weekend because a cop saw me walk out of store with beer. He goes "I know your not 21" (which Im not) takes my beer, my fake ID, and tells me to bring the girl in the car home. So what ever I leave, go pick up a friend who is 21. He buys me beer, were coming back...I see the blue lights again. WTF. i roll down my window "whats the rush? you were 41 in a 35".....wtf. Anyways he asks to search my car and I just say no, you dont deserve. After BSing for 5 min he runs my record and lets me go. So.........the nights almost over and Im parked on an open road next to these train tracks. I ahve a girl in my car and BAM! blue lights again. 3 F*cking times in one night. Im pretty sure this was fricking profiling. They mutsa been laughing their asses off at the station at me.

\rant

I'm sure after hearing your name on the scanner three times these guys probably were laughing. That sucks!
R6Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
Veteran Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sicariu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Sticks, OH
Posts: 1,154
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sicariu
Whitdog, is there any way you can put me in touch with whoever made your ID?
__________________
July 2009 F-Body of the Month
1994 Firebird Formula - cammed, ported+polished heads, 2500 stall torque converter, stage 2 shift kit, Eibach springs, performance tuned ECM, Magnaflow cat-back. Her name is Annette.
Sicariu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #20
Always Watching...
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
 
Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 22,233
Thanks: 348
Thanked 625 Times in 512 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Superman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicariu View Post
Whitdog, is there any way you can put me in touch with whoever made your ID?
lolz!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96FBird View Post
... and for that Superman wins the internets
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cops just can't leave me alone... Navypilot2011 General Discussion 13 04-17-2009 04:50 AM
Cops have been cracking down SicilianStud General Discussion 34 06-26-2008 01:16 PM
FQuick Link in your Profile Rocket 442 Announcements and User Support 2 03-05-2008 04:51 PM
Profile Field Added Rocket 442 Announcements and User Support 0 10-29-2006 03:53 AM


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © CamaroZone.com

CamaroZone.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by General Motors or Chevrolet.