|Camaro Zone - Camaro Forums and News Rules|
First, I would like to thank you for your interest in Camaro Zone. We strive to be a inviting and relaxed community for Camaro and Firebird Enthusiasts.
Participation in the Camaro Zone website constitutes agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, any other content on this site and participation in general.
1. Cross-posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed.
2. While member post count has meaning, it should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially increase your post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts.
3. Advertisements are not allowed. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non profit website, etc. We do authorize and/or sell advertisements on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in utilizing this option, please contact us.
4. You are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc. Direct competitors sites are also disallowed within signatures and links. Informative links are allowed, but blatent use of links to spam other sites are frowned upon.
5. Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers.
6. As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
7. Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally.
8. Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute.
9. Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don't agree with it, say why - respectfully. Don't just tell them they're wrong. Posts looking down upon other CamaroZone members on the merit of their cars generation, engine size, or any other feature is not allowed.
10. Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content.
11. We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
12. Moderators and myself have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation. If you would like a copy of your removed post so that you can adjust it and repost, please contact us. As long as we wouldn't prefer you to simply start over, we'll be glad to send you a copy.
13. Signatures and Avatars should be considered "work safe". No Vulgar, Extreme Violence, or Nudity should be within these images/text. Signatures should not exceed 5 lines of text, or an image and 2 lines of text. Please keep images 600x150 pixels or lower and 80kb or less. Both of those values are Maximum's, do not go over on either please. Avatars should not be more than 50kb in size, and 125x125 pixels.
14. Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forums!
15. Street Racing - We also do not allow any posts referencing street racing. Any posts related to street racing will be locked immediately and a warning will be issued to the offending poster.
Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. These guidelines detail the types of behavior and activities that are allowed here.
If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
Thanks for your Interest in Camaro Zone
-Andy (Rocket 442)
11/6/09: Rule #4 amended.
6/3/11: Rule #9 amended.
8/31/11: Rule #15 added.
CamaroZone.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by General Motors or Chevrolet.