Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1967 camaro rs help

please help 1967 camaro rs after sitting for over 25 years will turn over, but will not run, have tried everything, new carb , new fuel pump, distributor,sparkplug wires,spark plugs,new flame thrower coil ,removed points put in flame thrower pickup , i have spark at the plugs . tried pouring a little fuel in carb , sputtered and popped but would'nt run .the engine was a factory crate engine did run perfect when installed 25 years ago and 2 years ago when first brought out of storage. now can't seem to get it going. at wits end .i need an experts solution. help

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts
My first question would be is the distributer installed correctly and is the timing preset correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 days of trying to start, no luck,has new carb, new petronix ignition /coil, cap and wires,fuel pump ,spark plugs, timing and distributor are correct, was told to pull plugs and let dry out ? might be really flooded from trying 3 days? has anyone had this type of problem, worked on cars for 30 years and can't resolve this problem, this vehicle did run excellent at one point . but will not start now .has anyone experienced a problem of this kind ? help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just found out there is a built in resister in the ignition circuit to drop the voltage to the coil could this be the ghost problem i'm having with the erratic firing .some times the car runs sometimes it doesn't?currently not , what would happen if it was removed from the circuit ? is this possible to do without hurting or damaging something else ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
just found out there is a built in resister in the ignition circuit to drop the voltage to the coil could this be the ghost problem i'm having with the erratic firing .some times the car runs sometimes it doesn't?currently not , what would happen if it was removed from the circuit ? is this possible to do without hurting or damaging something else ?
Start at the basics, compression check first.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts