Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on my local Craigslist and thought I'd share it; anybody know anything about it?

1993 Camaro Z28 With F-1 Package Florida Car

From what little I can gather with Google, it was a dealer-installed GMPP package that included body kit, floor mats, sport suspension, and a Hurst shifter (looks like just the standard auto shifter to me?). I think you could option out what you wanted with it.

Found this quote in another forum about them, supposedly from a now-dead page on GM Goodwrench's site:

Technical Notes: It's not called F-1 by chance, it may be as close as many of us will ever come to a Formula 1 car for the street. But how would you improve on a car with the Camaro's potent 5.7 liter V8 delivering neck snapping performance and its already good handling and road manners? Put it in the capable hands of the GM Performance Parts engineers, of course. With the Camaro F-1 Extreme Sport Suspension package, awesome 16"x8" front and 17"x9" rear wheels, GM Performance Parts Hurst shifter, special F-1 floormats and drop dead gorgeous ground effects, spoiler, ornamentation and stripes, the Camaro F-1 becomes a force to be reckoned with. And if you decide to slow down long enough for anyone to get a good look at it, we believe you'll get some well deserved compliments. So, go out and get your Camaro washed, cruise down to your nearest GM Performance Parts Authorized Center (there is a list of them in the back of this catalog), and get ready to transform your already great car into a GM Performance Parts inspired statement of power, style and personality.
Seems interesting if ultimately insignificant. Thoughts?

·
Registered
11,492 Posts
1993 Camaro Z28 "F1"

Being available as a GM Performance Parts option for a 93-96, it seems to me like it was a prequel (testing the waters) to the SS.
Pretty much the same parts (partial) an SS or WS.6 came with. Ground effects was an RS package.

ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1427593094.378302.jpg
ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1427593105.442573.jpg
ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1427593115.996972.jpg
ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1427593129.927895.jpg
ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1427593215.566144.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Camaro F1

I recently bought the prototype car that SLP built. After they made their pitch to GM, GM decided to sell the package instead of complete cars like the SS. I have the agenda from SLP to GM. A GM engineer bought the car from Bob Fehan of SLP and drove it until 2001.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts