Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Alright, you might need a little more money to build it right...especially if you want to port the heads.

The cam's you are looking for for the 3.4 w/ FI are found here:

A.R.I. Engines GM 60-degree V6 - Stock & Performance Camshaft Kits

The way to build this engine to the maximum is doable (and fairly cheap), but probably a little bit more complicated than a novice should undertake...

That being said, the laundry list is as follows:

Heads and intake manifolds (upper and lower) off of a 3400 V6 FWD
3400 throttle body
3400 pistons
3400 head gaskets
3500 intake manifold gaskets
19# or 22# injectors off of a Grand Prix (depending on power output wanted)
Computer tune

3500 heads and intake are a little better, but are A) harder to find and B) are a tight fit on a forth gen to shut the hood...

I've been looking into getting pistons re-cut to lower CR a little more as the motor above will have around 12:1 CR

These engines have been known to put out a ridiculous amount of power but don't get much love among the LTx/LSx crowd, lol
After all that, added, how much power would you be seeing?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Cars with that setup have run 250-260 HP N/A...considering it's nothing but stock parts from other stock engines, I would say 100 HP is pretty nice, lol

Parts can be found at a boneyard...heads will run about $140 a set, the intakes are about $80, the injectors will vary but are usually around $5 a piece...may need to use LSx valve springs...

Machine work should be done...

The bottom end on the 3.4 runs the same rods as a SBC...some of the later V6 (for FWD) run forged internals...stock...you can boost the crap out of these things...
What sort of machine work are we talking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts