Camaro Zone Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I think he means pics of his car that looks like yours. Not sure why he wouldnt just post them in the post your current f body thread.

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
My phone don't give me the option to post pics of my car for some reason. That and I'm new to this sorry

sent from my lg flex using camaro zone app
On iOS, when you are writing your post, there are icons just above the virtual keyboard, Click on the one that is next to the camera looking one, the one on the right (middle). There's the camera, my photos and twitter icons, in that order from left to right

White Rectangle Office equipment Peripheral Font

·
Registered
246 Posts
There are TONS of cams for the 3.4...you just have to search for them differently...

That whole platform of V6 is listed under the 2.8 V6, so do a search from there....like this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-cl16-233-4/overview/ (this cam isn't computer controlled, but you get the idea)

I have a few links around here for some guys that cut cams for it, but I'd have to search through all my bookmarks...I will find if you are seriously interested...

A few problems with building a 2.8/3.1/3.4 motor...

1) All they did was bore the block out all the way up from 2.8. Same heads, same cam, same lifters, same rockers, same everything except pistons and rings, so look for performance parts under 2.8 if you need to...

2) The heads are the absolute weakest link in the chain...they don't breath well at all...port them well. After that, address the intake manifold (get it ported too).

3) The injectors are only good to 160 HP...guess what the stock HP numbers for the 3.4 are?

4) The bottom ends are really stout and can take a fair amount of boost. There are some articles and videos about guys putting over 12 lbs of boost on a stock 2.8 and getting well over 250 HP out of them.

They are fun little motors, and being that they are 60* they have better internal balancing then the 4.3...just less aftermarket...

I'm in the process of blueprinting a 3.4 with an M90 supercharger to put in a 1977 Fiat Spyder...
can this be done to a 3800 v6 motor? and what do you mean whe you say "The bottom ends are really stout and can take a fair amount of boost"

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
can this be done to a 3800 v6 motor? and what do you mean whe you say "The bottom ends are really stout and can take a fair amount of boost"
I have never tried it from one 3800 to another...you can try to research WOT-Tech.com and ask over there...sorry, but the 3800 is not a motor I have spent much time on...

The bottom end (crank, rods, and mains) on the 3.4 share quite a few specs with the 350, same rods as a matter of fact...people have put some good boost in them and they have held up rather well...stock...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The standard...true the block, going to need bore it, valve job...the new things you are going to ask out of it you are going to need to make sure it's solid...
Hey recluse I'm doing the same thing and need some help. Would love to pick you brain if that's cool. If you want you can message me to start a conversation. I'm to new to start one lol

I've upgraded the ignition and intake ND need direction on where to go now
I

81 - 92 of 92 Posts