Camaro Zone Forums banner

2000 Camaro acceleration problem

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NavyVet 
#1 ·
I've bought a 2000 Camaro v6 auto and i been noticing some problems when I drive between 30 to 60 mph. It also has a rough idle and seems to be lacking some power sometimes it hesitates a little when I get on the gas but normally it will go but seems to be lacking power. Now from 30 to 60 it's like when I'm coasting between those ranges and try to slowly increase the speed at points it's like when you play around and constantly lightly tap the gas reving the engine but if you get on the gas it has no problem. I used my scanner and read a code for the fuel sensor cause the gage don't work and it had the P0300 displayed on the live data list but was not in the trouble codes.also the car security light constantly stays on but I doubt if that has something to do with it. the car is stock besides the borla cat back exhaust it is the adjustable one with the different block off plates.

#2 ·
P0300 is a random misfire code.
How long since the fuel filter has been changed?

#5 ·
Dirty filter will cause the issues / symptoms you are seeing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.