·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the Title States

2002 Firebird 5SP V6

VS

1998 Mustang 5SP V6

My friend just got a 30th anneverssary v6 5 speed mustang, and he's feeling froggy. We are going to take them to the track soon and see who's got the balls.​

Assuming the drivers are equivalent, how can I expect my car to stack up against a 3.8 Ford Mustang? Is it a no competition thing? Because I used to have a 4.3L S10 and it was a v6 mustang killer, and i think my car is much faster than my truck was.​

·
Ambitious, but Rubbish
5,300 Posts
You should be able to take care of him with little problem, but you never know for sure.

·
4th Gen (LT1) Tech
1,135 Posts
I'll go get my sundial to time you guys.

j/k

You should smoke him.

·
Registered
842 Posts
^^^ LOL you smart ass.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
That video was stupid. Would've been better if about 5 seconds before the end of it, "Weeoow Woop!" And a cop pulls out right in front of him. GG. THAT would have been a hilarious video. That lady was probably like "wtf? noobs" 60 year old grandma said "noob" lolz.
On topic though... depending on your launch, and your shifting (driver's experience/skill counts more than the vehicle IMO) you'll probably have no problem taking care of him. Good luck. Get a vid!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
have fun spankin the gaystang...:D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You should have him no problem if he's stock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
........(driver's experience/skill counts more than the vehicle IMO) ........
so true my girlfriend has a 95 mustang GT 5spd and I beat her 3 times in my car at the strip because "3rd was slipping" or "I missed a shift" and there was no excuse the thrid time.

back to topic it should be a good race but youll most likely come out on top ;)

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Did you race?

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Your car comes stock with more HP than the mustangs, so you shouldn't have a problem(like everyone else has said, if he's stock)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the weather finally cleared up today.

So we went down to the local strip.... His car sounded ... really good for a v6, it put my exhaust to shame. I did a lot of research online about the various v6's that were offered in the 4th generation mustangs. His mustang was a 98, but it was a collectors edition, that was offered from 98 1/2 to 99, so it had the new 190hp 3.8L. So there was only a 10hp difference between our cars, a pretty good match. and both were 5 speed....

So the hands getting ready to wave, and my RPM's are holding at 4000, ready to launch. We both let out of the clutches at the same time and start smoking them. We both bark into 2nd, I'm holding 2nd out long, he shifts into 3rd and gains a little on me, but I keep holding 2nd till 5500rpm's and shift into 3rd with a vengeance! By this time i've pulled about a half car length, and the shift looses me about 8 inches of gain on him but the bird keeps pulling. It seems like a lifetime by the time I finally pull her down into fourth, and by this time I'm almost a full car length away, and I hold that car length until the end of the track.

Firebird 1, Mustang 0.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
good job spanking the gaystang, nice kill.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts