Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I was at walmart after work just a few hours ago because the girlfriend needed an oil change and whatnot. Anyway, we're in the magazine isle and I see a new camaro on the cover so I grab it. I THINK... not positive, but pretty sure, it was Hot Rod magazine, but anyway, it had a few articles on the new camaro, the different models that are coming out, the LS7 engine specs, and some other junk about what the gaystangs are doing to keep up (interior color accents).
Then.
I'm just flipping through, and I see something that catches my little eye.
Copy of 1222081902-00.jpg Copy of 1222081858-00.jpg
Here you go guys. I know the text is hard to read, but it was the best I could do. I even used my girlfriend's phone(2MP vs my 1.3MP). "Quick. Gimme your phone. Now!... please? Thanks babe."

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found it easier to see if you double click the pics, and then use the zoom feature when you mouse over the image. It's still a little grainy but I think you can decipher most of it. If not, ask me for I read the entire article...twice:D. I was excited:seizure:!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
call me crazy, but I kinda wish they wouldn't bring it back. It would make the firebird a more rare car. But if they did bring it back, they shouldn't make it retro and mimic every other american muscle car on the market now. The firebird is a design that needs to keep evolving, not return to what it once was. They can't do much better than the 4th gen bodystyle IMO.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
You know, I'd love to see the Firebird make a return as much as, if not more than, the next guy or gal. But look at how GM is financially, they don't have it in them to market a performance car. Sharp looking concepts though.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure you've all seen the Kevin Morgan concepts. Those are my favorites. I don't know if you were able to read some of it, but it said depending on how the Camaro does, will determine whether they'd be even interested in possibly, maybe, thinking about doing a Firebird. They said it wouldn't be wise right now for GM to do it, but if the Camaro is as huge a success as they wish it to be, the Firebird will make a great compliment to it.
I kinda like the retro look, but I wonder what it would be like to have a brand new firebird model out. I agree you cant really get any better than the 4th gen styling.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
It does look nice, but everything I've ever read or seen says there will be no firebird even form Scott Settlemire at the fbody gathering, Pontiac is going to compete with European sedan market.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I've read that there's not really much chance. I read somewhere about something regarding pontiac selling the "trans am" name. So if they ever brought back the firebird, they'd less likely bring back the t/a because of legal issues, and having to pay royalties? Idk.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm a subscriber to HOT ROD and red the article also, to my understanding the concept was an artist rendering that was a design engineer at GM i think. But anyways it looks like a mashed up version of the entire run of firebirds, I do like the look though!

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
meh....i dont really like it. There just making it the boxy style, like the challenger and camaro. I wish they would keep it sleek and round like the 4th gens.

btw i hard they might cut pontiac...stop making g8s and solistices...so I dont see this happening.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
meh....i dont really like it. There just making it the boxy style, like the challenger and camaro. I wish they would keep it sleek and round like the 4th gens.

btw i hard they might cut pontiac...stop making g8s and solistices...so I dont see this happening.
Thats exactly what I think. What are challenger, camaro and mustang going to do when their bodystyles get old and it's time for a redesign? just keep going off of a retro bodystyle that was perfected many years ago when it was first made? Sure they look cool now, but I think they will get old fast.

And I hope they keep Pontiac, I think they are one of the best american companies. They should cut brands like saturn or buick.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Thats exactly what I think. What are challenger, camaro and mustang going to do when their bodystyles get old and it's time for a redesign? just keep going off of a retro bodystyle that was perfected many years ago when it was first made? Sure they look cool now, but I think they will get old fast.

And I hope they keep Pontiac, I think they are one of the best american companies. They should cut brands like saturn or buick.
X2:rock:, I do like the new camaro, but I wish they had went with a new body style, instead of redoing the same old thing.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
I'm not a huge lover of retro designs. However, when you look at what most cars coming out nowadays look like, I'll take the retro design rather than chancing a horrible looking new Camaro/Firebird.

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
I think they should just tweak the 98-02 style.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think they should just tweak the 98-02 style.
x2. It cant get much better than that.
I came across a site a while back when i was looking for a new bumper. It had some custom made bumper covers and it made it look like a new gen bird. Twas pretty sexy. Cant seem to find the site though.... hm...:dunno:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
i like the new retro style. its cool. all tho i like it better on the camaro then the firebird. but at least they didnt turn it into a grandma looking car like the impala ss and others

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still cant find that site I was talking about. I could've sworn I bookmarked it. fail.
Anyways, I did find this, but the site I'm talking about the guy made bumpers that looked 10x better than this.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts