Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, i'm looking for a 3800 Series 2 EGR Valve Adapter. GM Part Number: 24504960. thanks!

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only it was that easy, its discontinued by GM and the only site i found that said they had it (autoplicity) just refunded me and said they cant get it. so it's going to have to be from a parts car. Just haven't had any luck finding it near by yet.

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I got a used EGR I'd like to get rid of if ur interested?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a used EGR I'd like to get rid of if ur interested?
My EGR is fine, it's the bracket (adapter as GM calls it) with the bottom (inlet) pipe that i am looking for. The EGR attaches to it with an oddly shaped gasket. If you have that part and its for the 3.8 then i am definitely interested.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
My EGR is fine, it's the bracket (adapter as GM calls it) with the bottom (inlet) pipe that i am looking for. The EGR attaches to it with an oddly shaped gasket. If you have that part and its for the 3.8 then i am definitely interested.
I got the whole egr still connected to the head....so I'm thinking the part u need is there but I gotta check .and yea it's for a 3.8

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a picture of the part i am looking for, this is a schematic from the dealer. it is part "#1".

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Here is a picture of the part i am looking for, this is a schematic from the dealer. it is part "#1".
Awhile ago, maybe 3 months ago I tried to find the same part. Can't really buy it online from any retailers but through someone on forums is your best bet. That's how I got my hands on one.

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, didn't see the link. Oh, oops.. Or read his previous post. LOL .. Major fail on my part :-(
No worries thanks anyways for the attempt! Lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you ever get ahold of the part? I'm parting out a 99 3800 now and still have it.
No i havent found it yet, couple leads here and there and then they sort of just fade away! haha anyway, i'd love to hear more about yours, still good i assume? I don't have to worry about fit since it is from the same engine/year. Also whats your asking price? thanks again! hope to hear from you soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No i havent found it yet, couple leads here and there and then they sort of just fade away! haha anyway, i'd love to hear more about yours, still good i assume? I don't have to worry about fit since it is from the same engine/year. Also whats your asking price? thanks again! hope to hear from you soon.
Still good. Ill try to get a picture of it today so you can see it. Hopefully its easy to remove. Make me an offer cuz I have no idea what its worth lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still looking for the EGR bracket, unfortunately couldn't get my hands on the last one! time to try again!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Still looking for the EGR bracket, unfortunately couldn't get my hands on the last one! time to try again!
Think I still have mine from a 97 3.8, looks like what you posted. Will look for it today

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Think I still have mine from a 97 3.8, looks like what you posted. Will look for it today
Thanks I'll be looking forward to your response!

·
Registered
686 Posts
here it is, it's in southern california

here is how it attaches on a 96-97 3.8 not sure if your 99 is the same.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts