Camaro Zone Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It did then I did the reset and it stopped. I had to change my ignition and the starter stopped kicking out but it still just keeps cranking. I'm going to get the icm tested tomorrow probably.

Sent from my 831C using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
You can do a fuel pressure test, but if it's the injectors not pulsing it's a failed opti

·
Registered
76 Posts
You said "no spark at the coil" but have you replaced the coil yet? Another thing that can go wrong is the rotor in the distributor. Opti's are notorious for loosing the rotor, so much so that most users always Loctite the rotor screws. A failed rotor would not affect the "tach" test. But if you have no spark at the coil output, that isn't likely the problem.

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
Opti. It's super rare for pcms to fail and your not having the symptoms of a crapped out pcm.

·
The "other" FI Bird
3,099 Posts
So the icm didn't work. I'm thinking it's not getting fuel either now

What makes you say it's not getting fuel?
Did you replace the icm? A dead ocm will cause a no spark issue.
As 94 t/a said, pcm failure is rare so I would not go that route

Sent from my SM-G930V using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Tested the fuel pressure. When this problem started a month or so ago I went out to start my car and the fuel pump wouldn't come on so I changed it and still wouldn't start. That's when I found the no spark issue. I took for granted that with the new fuel pump that it was getting fuel but no.

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts
Have you checked / replaced the fuel pump relay?
It's under the footrest that's part of the driver side kick panel in front of the door.

You could also try energizing the fuel pump prime circuit and see if it starts.

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just brought this 1994 trans am and the last owner said starter was bad, So i took out the starter took it to napa had it tested works fine. Came home and tried it nothing, I HAVE power inside car lights and such. I can get spark on top of the starter... I was told the lil wire is the ign wire. to put a test light on it.. Well i did nothing. I get no sound out of the start whats so ever. Any other idea guys. I'm out right now with a wire tester going over everything i can find. Any tips riteaid survey surveyzop

21 - 34 of 34 Posts