Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just for show and tell, As I mentioned earlier, everyone has me working on their car projects right now and I am finding little time for my own. But that doesn't mean I haven't done anything with Camaros.

This is a double din stereo housing I made for my friend's 95 Camaro. This thing was actually a pain. First he wanted me to straight cover an original 95 Camaro stereo housing with a single layer. I knew from the get go that wouldn't work but he wouldn't listen so I ended up trying over and over again, knowing where it would go. Eventually I talked him out of it and simultaneously talked him in to letting me reshape the face of the stereo housing, resulting in the shape you see here.

On top of that, this thing has been cursed with bad luck. Everything that possibly could have gone wrong did. But at last it's finished.
This picture was taken while there was still a hole in it (that popped open during polishing. It has since been fixed but I have no later pictures then this one.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed it. My computer is having script issues with this site. So I added the image code manually.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just for show and tell, As I mentioned earlier, everyone has me working on their car projects right now and I am finding little time for my own. But that doesn't mean I haven't done anything with Camaros.

This is a double din stereo housing I made for my friend's 95 Camaro. This thing was actually a pain. First he wanted me to straight cover an original 95 Camaro stereo housing with a single layer. I knew from the get go that wouldn't work but he wouldn't listen so I ended up trying over and over again, knowing where it would go. Eventually I talked him out of it and simultaneously talked him in to letting me reshape the face of the stereo housing, resulting in the shape you see here.

On top of that, this thing has been cursed with bad luck. Everything that possibly could have gone wrong did. But at last it's finished.
This picture was taken while there was still a hole in it (that popped open during polishing. It has since been fixed but I have no later pictures then this one.

i want one!!!!!!!!!!! i need this!!!!!!! lmao amazing work!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to sound conceited but people have a tendency to be happier with stuff I do when I produce something entirely of my own design. I had to struggle to get my own ideas in to this and relatively few made it. I have the same part of a 98 camaro coming up next week and it's my own project. It'll take a fraction of the time and I think you'll find that one much more appealing.

Sent from my D6616 using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want one!!!!!!!!!!! i need this!!!!!!! lmao amazing work!!!!
The guy who ordered that is selling the car it goes to, so I sent him a text, asking if he would leave the console with me for a few days so I can make molds of it. Knowing him, there's little chance he won't agree. In fact, I'm a little surprised he wasn't the first to suggest it. If I get molds made, maybe I'll send you a test copy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts