Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Camaro 3.4L. I have had the car for about three months now. Last night I was checking the vacuum lines to get the heater controls working and they were hooked up wrong. The line from the Fuel Pressure Ragulator tee'd to the MAP sensor but then went to the access port. I connected it where it is supposed to go and plugged in the hose that was supposed to go to the access port (wasnt connected). Now my heater works fine but when I come to a stop (brake applied) the car stalls and dies unless I give it gas. When in park without the brakes applied it idles fine. When I press on the brakes the lights start dimming and the engine starts stalling and dies.

Also for more information the ABS Inop light comes and goes, the brake light has been on since I bought the car, and after last night (hooking up vacuum lines) the Service Engine Soon light is on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
If the brake light is always on that indicates an issue with the brake system. Have you checked the brake fluid level?

From the sounds of it the brake booster may have a vacuum leak.

Reactions: LaVa110385

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked all fluids when I purchased the vehicle and regularly since then as I drive the car a lot for work. The brake fluid level is fine. I wonder if the vacuum line that was disconnected was disconnected for a reason (needs to be replaced) or if being disconnected (for who knows how long) got dirt or something in it and is clogged. Could that cause this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts