Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just recently bought a 99 Camaro and everything was working really fine. The issue that I have just come across is that now both the windows will not go down. I have no idea what is wrong with it because although the entire switch is popping out on the driver side (the part with the lock button and window switches if that makes sense), the lock button works fine. Even on the passenger side, which is all in tact, the window won't roll down. I know it's something that involves both windows rather than the one. PLEASE HELP!!! They were rolling down fine last night but now won't budge. However, they were rolling down very slow before. In addition, the entire switch thing was popping out on the drivers side. It's super hot outside and I don't have AC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like the motors are going bad. I just bought one about a month ago and mine roll down super slow as well. The sad thing is the motors were installed with rivets so they will have to be drilled out. There are a bunch of videos on you tube on how to remove them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's possibly a fuse, could be the motors but more than likely its the express down module, which allows the windows to be rolled down from one touch of the button. Common issue. I

1 - 6 of 6 Posts