Camarozone.com banner

381 - 400 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
lookin good. you can't swap to a non-airbag wheel and stay legal can you?
Id like someone to confirm this because ive heard it both ways.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Regardless of legality, if this car is ever in a front-end collision and the airbag steering wheel was missing, insurance may have a big problem with that. If I don't survive the crash, I guess I wouldn't care, but if I do...

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Will prob have a good grip. I hate tiny shifters
Yeah, me too. The shift knob in my Saturn is tiny and my right hand pinkie finger/tendon is starting to occasionally lock up/become "notchy" when it's curved around something like a game controller or shift knob, so this larger knob should work nice.

·
Flowmaster Sucks :D
6,699 Posts
That's how I feel. Had one where my fingers had to completely overlap lol. Felt like gripping a highlighter lol. Talk about annoying

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Going through this thread and updating my FQuick and I noticed there's no mention of the other parts I got, either small, or as gifts last year and this year!

Small: LEDs to experiment for reverse lights, various turn signal flasher modules, and two new aftermarket key fobs which are supposed to work with the alarm system in the car, but are much nicer looking and more durable than the ones I had.

Gifts:
- For adjustable rear ride height project: polyurethane upper spring isolators, 5"x11" AFCO springs (175lb rate), and Energy Suspension threaded polyurethane bumpstops, which completes the major parts list for the project!!
- LS Steam Line Plumbing Kit - converts steam ports on LS cyl. heads to AN fittings, to push-barb fittings (angle, 3-way, 4-way) and lines, with all hardware required to install!

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
Details and pics of new fobs?
Doubt it would help anybody here. It is a dealership installed factory-like alarm.

This is what the original remote looked like:

This is what the new ones look like:

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Those first set of pics remind me of something... hmm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
Drained the gas tank using a battery operated pump that my girlfriend got me for my birthday. Took about 5 minutes to get to the fuel pump due to stuff being stored on top of the carpet and extra insulation below the carpet. Love the trap door mod.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I like your trap door lol.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Call me... MR. SnIpEz
8,688 Posts
Dude straight up, I just bought a brand new 145 amp alternator for the Camaro the other day and it is indeed a heavy sumbitch.

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Installed the Miata vents.

Budget is pretty much FUBAR for larger items for the next month or two, so I bought a few more cheaper non-critical items, like LED sequential turn signal arrows to install in the side mirrors, and an Android double-DIN headunit with integrated DVR camera to replace the old Pioneer AVIC F700BT (anybody want to buy it?).

·
Call me... MR. SnIpEz
8,688 Posts
Installed the Miata vents.

Budget is pretty much FUBAR for larger items for the next month or two, so I bought a few more cheaper non-critical items, like LED sequential turn signal arrows to install in the side mirrors, and an Android double-DIN headunit with integrated DVR camera to replace the old Pioneer AVIC F700BT (anybody want to buy it?).
I would have bought it until I met up with you last month :lol:

More info on the new HU?

381 - 400 of 482 Posts