Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 99 camaro V6 at the beginning of the month and I have done a ton of work just to get it running again. The car sat for 2 years before I purchased it.

I have replaced the spark plugs and wires and tonight after I got this code I replaced all the coil packs. I still have a cylinder 5 misfire come up.

Idk what else it could be. I'm going to pull the 2 plugs tomorrow and double check the gaps to make sure they are correct. It ran great up until today. I'm thinking maybe it could be ignition control.

I found a thread from 10 years ago but I wasn't able to reply to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I think I might have fixed it hopefully. I replaced all the coil packs and the ignition control module for good measure. I pulled both the number 2 and 5 plugs and replaced them. Turns out the number 5 plug wire had a rip in it (i guess it was there and I didn't notice it before) so all the wires went back and was replaced.

So far it fires up nice and after a short drive she seems to run fine. Hopefully this fixes the problem if not then idk what else it would be lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the exact same issue with mine. Did replacing the plugs wire and coil pack work? I have put more than I paid for the car into getting it to run right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I have replaced the fuel injectors, the fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, plugs and wires, coil packs and she still has issues. Next thing is the 2 O2 sensors and if that doesn't work then ill replace the fuel pump.

Every now and again she will run smooth but if it does act up it's always in 2nd or 3rd gear. It just feels like it's lost power and Jerks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the exact same issue with mine. Did replacing the plugs wire and coil pack work? I have put more than I paid for the car into getting it to run right.
Join the best trading platform for your forex and Cryptocurrency signals, to maximize you ROIs and make the most out of your trade. My life changed for the better and I want yours to Change too, don’t miss out on this great opportunity. No risk, no reward! Telegram channel link below

1 - 5 of 5 Posts