Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I got bored and decided to re-delete the AIR from my car. I say re-delete because this is the second time I've owned this car now, and the guy I sold it to paid to have AIR added back to the car in an attempt to pass emissions. Anyway....

I got everything out fairly smoothly. Now I can't seem to find anything that will plug the AIR bungs on the headers. I've done a little research but I find conflicting reports. I've seen m18, m20, m22, 7/8 with 18 tpi....etc.

The largest I could find in town was an M20 oil drain plug and it was a hair too small. I could source pretty much anything I want since part of my job is industrial purchasing, - I just need to know WTF to order haha.

Thank you in advance to anybody who actually read this whole boring post.
:dunno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well for anybody who read this read - the correct answer is....

*drumroll*

M22 x 1.5

That's right ladies and gentlemen.

Not any form of NPT as virtually the world will try to tell you. I knew this off that bat, I am a pipefitter.

Also not 7/8 x 14 national fine thread, which my header company insisted upon.

Nor is it any standard variety of available plugs, bolts, etc.

Not Army-Navy 10 (which is actually just 7/8 x 14 for trivia).

I announce this to all of you as a gift, paid for by my 2 week struggle.

If I save just ONE man from listening to a horde of hardware store and automotive people offering the same solution fifty times, I feel I have done some good in this world. One Lowes employee actually insisted it was 3/4 NPT to the point he told me I was making a mountain out of a molehill...LOL.

This cost me roughly 35 dollars to research. I'm considering selling a kit, JK.

I had to vent this experience. My apologies for the rant.

:28:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.