Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I've wanted to do this for awhile now, just never got around to it. I like subtle accents, because these cars don't need much done, due to them already being sexy as is. I liked what Dennis had done to his, but I think it would have been too much for my car. I had a few other reasons for not going that route as well. I wanted more of just a ring. On LS1tech, there's a member who sells the chrome rings, and they are also on ebay, but I wasn't looking to pay alot for this mod, plus, chrome+silver=no good, imo. So... I had some left over silver touch up paint so I tried something.

Anyway... this is what I did today.
Tested 2 at first. Crappy sell phone pics-sorry:

Camera pics after I finished all of them:

I didn't take any pics of the process because... I wasn't sure how successful I would be. If anyone is interested in doing something like this, or wants to know how I did it, I'll be glad to walk you through what I did.
BTW-I used the Duplicolor Touch-Up exterior paint(rattle can) I had left over from my painting my fender a few months back. I also used the can (same brand) of clear coat to seal them a bit. 2 coats of each. I know this isn't the best paint to use, considering it's on plastic, because if you scratch at it, it will chip/peel. However, this is why I like the ring, because it's not easy to touch those with your fingers. Also, it's kind of a temporary thing (depending). I wanted to see if I'd like it, if I did, I'd leave it and wait till it starts chipping/peeling, and then redo it with the Krylon plastic paint. If I didn't I could easily scratch off the silver, and resort it back to stock in no time. :icon15:
Let me know what you guys think...

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Wow I actually really like that. I dont normally like vent rings but that is the perfect kind of silver to use. Its not too shiny, it looks almost like it could have come stock that way. Very nice job man.:icon15:

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I actually really like that. I dont normally like vent rings but that is the perfect kind of silver to use. Its not too shiny, it looks almost like it could have come stock that way. Very nice job man.:icon15:
Thanks man. And that's what I was going for... a "stockish" feel/appearance.
Yah that looks really good!
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
why you ricein' out the bird man????? lol j/k It looks good, stubtle kind of appererance. good job:icon15:

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks rice lol jk good job
RICE!!`11`1!~!`11`!!~1!1onetildeoneoneelevenexclamationpoint1
JK. I like it. :icon15:
why you ricein' out the bird man????? lol j/k It looks good, stubtle kind of appererance. good job:icon15:
I guess I get what I ask for... :lol:

Since this got so much approval, I guess it's safe for me to post up the other pics I have. With the left over paint, I painted my center console, but only half because I didn't want silver paint rubbing off on my arm, my door panels, and the plastic trim behind me that surrounds the speaker. Yeah, I ran out of paint before I could do the passenger side one. Oh well, looks cool though. That way when people get in the car, they're like "oh, he sits on the silver side, because it looks cool, and he's cool."
Let me find those linkz...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I guess I get what I ask for... :lol:

Since this got so much approval, I guess it's safe for me to post up the other pics I have. With the left over paint, I painted my center console, but only half because I didn't want silver paint rubbing off on my arm, my door panels, and the plastic trim behind me that surrounds the speaker. Yeah, I ran out of paint before I could do the passenger side one. Oh well, looks cool though. That way when people get in the car, they're like "oh, he sits on the silver side, because it looks cool, and he's cool."
Let me find those linkz...
Looks good. Let's see those other pics...

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol, guys really? I was jk about the ricer pics... geez! :lol:
Is that red light over your cluster an aftermarket alarm or something?
It was supposed to be. I don't think there's even a light in it. When I first bought the car, I took it to this place to have an alarm system installed. This was around the same time my VATS system was acting up real bad. Long story short, they installed the system, all was ready to go, but then they couldnt start the car. Engine kill kicked in. So they uninstalled it thinking they tripped it, but they left their LED (probably because if they took it out, there'd be a hole). Had to pay $300+ at a stealership to fix my system. No longer had the funds to get my alarm put in. Maybe one day... lol. It's all good though... during the day people see that there, and at night I've got the factory one blinking... makes it look like my car's got epic protection.:rock:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
.....I like it. :icon15:

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...haha I seem to recall this in a similar thread! ......lol looks good man.
.....I like it. :icon15:
looks good man
Thanks guys. I'm glad you all like it. I'm quite proud of my work. I haven't had an opportunity to do a lot of driving lately. But, I have had to move my car in the driveway a few times, and I went to walmart for gas this afternoon. It's definitely something that makes the car look a little "newer" now. I'm sure now, I'm going to keep 'em!:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts