Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, here's my sad story...
I was driving to work this afternoon, no biggy, was actually early (for once). I get off the highway and come to the light. Try and picture this guys... I'm at the light and have to take a left, on a bridge over the highway I was just on, and continue on my way to work. Okay, well I'm the only one turning left, so that was cool, so I kinda take the turn fast and am picking up speed as I get about halfway over the bridge. I see ahead of me, to my right, that there is a white mazda 6 coming to his light but he's turning right in one of those Yield feeder lanes. Well, he kinda paused and then proceeded to go (I hate when they do that, scares me sometimes). I figured, okay, as long as he stays in the inside lane, and stays out of mine, no problemo. Wrong. He gets in his lane, and as I'm coming to the end of the bridge (mind you this is all happening in like a matter of 5 seconds time) he starts moseying on over into my lane. WTF was this guy thinking?! I had like a split-second to react to this. I slammed on the brakes and rode my horn (let it be known, I hardly ever use my horn, so this even surprised me) and as he continued to enter my lane I was forced to swerve left. So let me clarify, I'm zoom-zoom’n it, he's like "heeerrreee I commmeee fooo!!" and in a blink of an eye, my front bumper is about to kiss his front door....
He drifts into my lane.
I brake, hard, and honk, loud.
He continues.
I swerve to the left.
Tires are screeching.
I'm like, Good Game Robert, say bye to your bird. I see the median (curb with a tree) and I'm heading dead straight into it. Luckily, my car stopped JUST before reaching the curb. Wow.
Guy at this point had moved back into his original lane and slowed down (didn't stop, just slowed to a crawl). I was pissed. No really, I was ticked off beyond belief. I threw it in first and almost floored it. VRrooom! Flew by him and gave him the Dane Cook-11 Knuckle-Flip off.
He bowed his head in a "I'm sorry I epicly fail at driving and nearly killed you and your sexy car" type manner. I was so ticked off and on edge when I got to work. My gf had JUST text me not even 2 minutes before (as I was coming to a stop at that light) "Be careful." I told her she jinxed me. haha

People fail at driving. I'm done venting.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I was considering investing in new brakes/rotors during the summer but... they seem to be working just fine now. I probably need new ones, but yesterday's scare was my cars way of telling me to save my money for a while I guess.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah I almost had one of those the other day except it was a cop car that was doing about 70 in a 30 and I was the only one that moved. He didn't have his lights or siren on he was just speeding (probably to get back to the station in time for the shift change) and he nearly T-bones me as I'm pulling out of my lane to make a left turn (with a green turn signal light). I hit the gas and slide around the turn and he just barely misses me. At that speed, he would have totaled my car (and my life). Telling you man they need to put a leash on some of these drivers. Or at the very least give them those shitty Toyota Prius' so we can spot the bad drivers when they are out and about.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah I almost had one of those the other day except it was a cop car that was doing about 70 in a 30 and I was the only one that moved. He didn't have his lights or siren on he was just speeding (probably to get back to the station in time for the shift change) and he nearly T-bones me as I'm pulling out of my lane to make a left turn (with a green turn signal light). I hit the gas and slide around the turn and he just barely misses me. At that speed, he would have totaled my car (and my life). Telling you man they need to put a leash on some of these drivers. Or at the very least give them those shitty Toyota Prius' so we can spot the bad drivers when they are out and about.
If a Prius with a light bar tried to pull me over, there's no way I wouldn't run.

Superman, glad you and the Firebird are OK.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If a Prius with a light bar tried to pull me over, there's no way I wouldn't run.

Superman, glad you and the Firebird are OK.
They have them here in NYC. NYPD = EPIC FAILURE

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'd be gone long before the cop could bury the tach in top gear doing 37mph.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Glad to hear you and your car are ok robert.:icon15:

They have them here in NYC. NYPD = EPIC FAILURE
If I saw this thing in my rearview mirror trying to pull me over, I just might consider running from the police..as bad as that sounds, but I think I seriously would. They top out at like 90 and take 10 seconds to get to 60...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Then again they also have these. This is the guy that "apparently" caught me doing the 91/50

·
Registered
84 Posts
Glad your okay man. I love the Dane cook reference btw.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yeah man, glad you're ok. I've had a few close calls recently as well. Ironic enough, my close calls seem to happen when I'm being the most cautious or when I'm running early (for a change).

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys, I'm glad the car and I weren't hurt. I think the other guy would've been pretty messed up too, considering I was heading nearly dead straight into his driver's side door.
Glad your okay man. I love the Dane cook reference btw.
He rules.
Yeah man, glad you're ok. I've had a few close calls recently as well. Ironic enough, my close calls seem to happen when I'm being the most cautious or when I'm running early (for a change).
x2 to close calls when you're actually TRYING to drive safely. 'tis a fail.

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
I probably would have got in front of him...slammed on the brakes, then got out and beat some ass. People who suck at driving piss me off. Some dumb ass that couldnt drive hit my mom and now her back is permanently F*****.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts