Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999 firebird that was wrecked but the engine in it is great same with the trans. i want to know if i could put my 3.8 in to a 93-97 model fbody with out customizing it an if i do what kinds of customization do i have to do

thanks

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
If the fbody you get is a 95-97 that already had a 3.8l in it then it's very easy to do. Not sure what'd need to be done to get the 3.8l and your transmission into a 3.4l but I'm sure it wouldn't be too complicated.

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
On that note, only the California 95 V6's had the 3.8 and were pretty rare. 96 is when they went to full 3.8L engines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a 1999 firebird that was wrecked but the engine in it is great same with the trans. i want to know if i could put my 3.8 in to a 93-97 model fbody with out customizing it an if i do what kinds of customization do i have to do

thanks
What year is the car you want to put it in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have found a 1995 camaro that i want to put imy 3.8 in an it doesnt have a engine nor a trans. so it will just be out of mine in to that one

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have found a 1995 camaro that i want to put imy 3.8 in an it doesnt have a engine nor a trans. so it will just be out of mine in to that one
I think you'll have to pull the all the wiring harnesses out of your 99 and put them in the 95. I know someone who did this, let me ask him if he had to pull all the harnesses or just the engine wiring harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts