Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would share my new Toy/Project. It’s a 1987 4Runner powered by a Chevy 4 bolt main 350 w/ TH350 trans. Dana rear (not sure which Dana... 44?). <——- I’ll figure this out later. Factory IFS, 410 gears front and rear. Huge custom lift kit. Currently sitting on 42in tires. Body was removed and frame was cleaned and repainted. Still needs a little work. All of the hard stuff has been done. 😄

Attachments

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Just thought I would share my new Toy/Project. It's a 1987 4Runner powered by a Chevy 4 bolt main 350 w/ TH350 trans. Dana rear (not sure which Dana... 44?). <--- I'll figure this out later. Factory IFS, 410 gears front and rear. Huge custom lift kit. Currently sitting on 42in tires. Body was removed and frame was cleaned and repainted. Still needs a little work. All of the hard stuff has been done. &#128516;
What frame is it sitting on? Is that still a Toyota frame? A lot of people throw different bodies onto GM chassis to save time. Here's a guide to help figure out the axles:

·
Registered
11,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What frame is it sitting on? Is that still a Toyota frame? A lot of people throw different bodies onto GM chassis to save time. Here's a guide to help figure out the axles:
Thanks for the info. I think it's a Dana44. It's still on the original frame. Also still has the original IFS. Which I don't have an issue with. I've owned 4 Toyota puck-ups in the past. 3 being 4x4's. This is my 4th 4x4 and my first 4Runner.

...........Wish I still had this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the info. I think it's a Dana44. It's still on the original frame. Also still has the original IFS. Which I don't have an issue with. I've owned 4 Toyota puck-ups in the past. 3 being 4x4's. This is my 4th 4x4 and my first 4Runner.

...........Wish I still had this one.
Sweet! You must have great times! Love Toyota pick-ups.

·
Registered
11,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, according to the picture you provided, it's definitely a Dana 60 rear. Nice !
Here's a short walk-around video:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts