Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it seems like I have a coolant issue. I have tried putting the system under pressure to see if I can find and leaks and I cant find anything leaking. Today alone I lost about a half a gallon of coolant.

Its not going into the oil as the oil level is perfect. I dont see any wet spots on the ground or around the engine. I have no clue on what it could be.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I watched a few videos on you tube and decided since I'm not sure when the water pump was replaced im going to replace it along with the 2 plastic inlet pipes that lead out from the heater core since those have probably never been done before. Hopefully this will solve the problem. If not then back to square 1. I replaced both the upper and lower radiator hose and the radiator when I got the vehicle so I know thats not the issue. We shall see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced water pump and those 2 pipes and so far she is running ok. Still need to do the o2 sensors which im not looking forward to. Hopefully this solves the coolant issue I hope.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well she overheated on me again today after driving for about 10 miles. Idk what it could possibly be. Any help or suggestions on where to start?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found out I have a headgasket issue. It is a minor one so as a last ditch effort I used blue devil to fix it. So far after running it for a week straight for about 3 hours a day, it runs fine. No overheating and no more loss of coolant. I never had any coolant in my oil and vice versa. We will see how long it holds up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts