Camaro Zone Forums banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sorry, i'm reviving the dead. I feel stupid but I can't figure out how to remove the stock dash pad without it breaking more! where does it unscrew from?

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
you need to take the side pillars out on each side of the windshield and then it's just snapped in, you may need something flat to push under it and pop it out, it's also easier if someone helps...

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Taking the side pillars makes it a breeze to put back in too. I didn't do this (my cracked dash was shattered so i just pulled the pieces out no biggy. Installing the new one killed me though not having removed the pillars. lol.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I thought about doing mine when I take my windshield out to tint it, that way the windshield is out of the way, I figure that will be a big help.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
I thought about doing mine when I take my windshield out to tint it, that way the windshield is out of the way, I figure that will be a big help.
The windshield only got in my way because I didn't take the pillars out. Otherwise, it just plops down, snaps in, and you're good to go. But, if you've got the time, you might as well do it! haha.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Taking the side pillars makes it a breeze to put back in too. I didn't do this (my cracked dash was shattered so i just pulled the pieces out no biggy. Installing the new one killed me though not having removed the pillars. lol.
how in the world did you put it in with out taking the pillars out:dunno:, hell it snaps underneath them.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
how in the world did you put it in with out taking the pillars out:dunno:, hell it snaps underneath them.
Man, I don't even know. My gf and I spent all night working on it. We got one side in, and after like 2-3 hours of struggling, I think that's when I finally snapped and pulled the driver's side pillar out. We were sooo close to getting it completely in without removing. But my cut up/bloody finger tips didn't help. Haha.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
ewwww, that does sound painfully aggravating!

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Should run all the way along the top iirc. Just start pulling.
*edit*
Yep, just ran out and checked. It runs along the top by the headliner. Just grab it around there, and start yanking (carefully, but forcefully). You may have some kind of glue holding it in, I think there was a little bit when I yanked mine. But it's pretty much just snuggly snapped in. No screws.

·
Registered
641 Posts
If you have t-tops, you'll have to take them out and there is two small screws at the top. after those are out follow superman's instructions

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
If you have t-tops, you'll have to take them out and there is two small screws at the top. after those are out follow superman's instructions
yeah, t-tops and verts have 2 screws that have to be removed 1st...

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Yep. Hardtops there are no screws. You have to start at the side closest the rear seats. Stand outside and grab the trim with your fingers, then pull towards your chest. It should start coming undone. You can figure out how the rest of it is clipped on from there.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts