Camaro Zone Forums banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
How did you get the thing out without cracking it more?
Taking the A-Pillars off helps. Or prayer. Those are pretty much your only options.

Think this was made into a write-up in the tech article section of the site so you can reference it directly.

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts
Taking the A-Pillars off helps. Or prayer. Those are pretty much your only options.
Mine shattered like glass when I went to lift it out.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Whats the best place to get a replacement?
Used to be a company based out of Houston area.
Few years back there were some massive flooding. They put up a posting on their site saying they werent taking any more orders until everything settled down over there (likely they evacuated). I kept tabs on the site for a while even after conditions improved over there. Never saw an update. Now, I cant find the site at all.
I can only assume they had to close down.

Now, if you're lucky you can find a NEW product from somewhere like GMPartsDirect (or similar site) or check with your local dealers. Be prepared to drop a chunk of change on it though.

For a USED piece, I highly recommend scouring classifieds ads on whatever sites you're on for cars being parted out, and also your local Craigslist for parts cars.
eBay is another great resource and they can be had at pretty affordable costs.

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I need to start buying the ones I see pop up on Craigslist around here. Have seen quite a few 97-02 dash pads lately for $75… Shipping would be killer though!

·
Call me... MR. SnIpEz
8,688 Posts
lol, mine was already shattered into a million pieces when I tried to get rid of it.

Another option you could do is keep your cracked one and buy a 6LE cover that literally goes right over it and you supposedly cannot tell it's even there at all, looks exactly like a stock one would. It's also made out of a much much stronger, more durable material to NOT break

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
lol, mine was already shattered into a million pieces when I tried to get rid of it.

Another option you could do is keep your cracked one and buy a 6LE cover that literally goes right over it and you supposedly cannot tell it's even there at all, looks exactly like a stock one would. It's also made out of a much much stronger, more durable material to NOT break
False. That's impossible. How could a "cover" sit as flush as a stock piece would? Also, color matching is not guaranteed. And, if you don't do anything about the broken pieces under it, you'll sure have quite a bit rattling around.
6LE doesn't make them. He sells them on his site from another vendor.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts