Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this has been covered ad nausem, but I'm trying to get a close enough match for my 95s headliner. GM calls it Medium Gray, but trying to figure out something close isn't real fun.

I know there isn't going to be an exact match, but I have good sunvisors and want something that doesn't look totally off from them. I got some samples from one place, and didn't feel they were really in the ballpark.

Anyone have any recommendations for colors or fabric vendors? Maybe you have the same interior color and have done this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Take your visors off and take them into a JoAnn Fabrics if you have one nearby. They sell headliner material, and have a light grey, dark grey, and black.

My advice would be to go with the black and opt for high contrast rather than get a near-match that doesn't match. Basically screw matching, and go for contrasting.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Agreed. You won't get an exact match without buying a GM part or a total replacement on eBay.

I used JoAnn Fabrics for redoing my 95--their gray was close but not perfect, but it was less noticeable since I had t-tops. You're also contending with sun fading now, so contrasting is probably a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that.

It gives me something to think about. I'm not sure what I want to do then....it makes it tougher because I also have the matching t-top shades as well.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I need to replace the headliner on my '98 with t-tops. When I do I am going with black. It has that medium gray interior like yours I think, it's a light gray. I'd rather just get black :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts