Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to keep my o2 sensors reason I asked bc I'm swapping out the manifolds and putting on some headers and I can't seem to get that o2 out of the manifold.

·
Premium Member
6,797 Posts
For the headers? Yes. You can tune out the sensors that are post catalytic converter, but the ones in the headers are 100% necessary.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the headers? Yes. You can tune out the sensors that are post catalytic converter, but the ones in the headers are 100% necessary.
Ok I'm running no cat. Converter and I can't get the bolt out the manifold to it.

·
Slow'erAss
10,393 Posts
You cannot run without the O2's on the headers. The ones before the cats.
The ones after can be "turned off" so to speak.

Reactions: legaux88

·
Slow'erAss
10,393 Posts
Thanks and my headers did not come with the sensors.
Yet to see any come with them. They have a bung welded in, but that is it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah, with all my strength plus someone else's and a lot of PB blasting, I couldn't get mine out. Ended up finding some on rockauto and went and price matched those at a local Autozone (in case you need them the same day).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, with all my strength plus someone else's and a lot of PB blasting, I couldn't get mine out. Ended up finding some on rockauto and went and price matched those at a local Autozone (in case you need them the same day).
Thanks a lot

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
Blue wrench... Aka the torch, heat the metal around the O2 red hot and they should come right out.

·
Slow'erAss
10,393 Posts
The only scar I got from working on a car was the passenger side O2 on DanWS6's car....
Can be a bitch, big *** breaker bar and gloves. :24:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I think Bosch part number 13111 is the the one I bought when one of mine was bad. It has a longer wire so it doesn't need an extension. Its originally for the post cat o2 on a corvette. It was $70. But that's only if you can't get them out with an o2 socket and breaker bar.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think Bosch part number 13111 is the the one I bought when one of mine was bad. It has a longer wire so it doesn't need an extension. Its originally for the post cat o2 on a corvette. It was $70. But that's only if you can't get them out with an o2 socket and breaker bar.
What year Vette

·
Slow'erAss
10,393 Posts
What year Vette
LS1/LS6 models.

I used the Delco O2's on Slowass. Felt it was worth the money with what was done to the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts