Camaro Zone Forums banner

Exciting News for CamaroZone

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  AARPROCKER 
#1 ·
Dear Members,

I founded this site 10 years ago. I'm proud to have been able to help build the community for such a long time. Camaro Zone is a great site and everyone who contributes should be proud of the community we've built.

As the years have passed I've started to focus on running my web design business and family, which has left me with less and less time to devote to our site. This past summer I realized that I needed to focus my energy on that business. I decided to sell the site to AutoGuide. They manage forum communities the same way as I do where they have a community manager who works with members (Mods) to deal with issues. It will be business as usual moving forward.

From a forum members perspective this change should be seamless. Nothing is changing, the site will continue to run on the same platform we have been on for years. They invests heavily on servers so the site will mostly likely get faster. They also have an amazing mobile skin so interacting from a mobile browser should improve.

Please welcome Philip and the AutoGuide team to our community. The site will be in great hands.

Cheers,
Andy

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Phil, I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for CamaroZone.com along with the current moderator team. We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It's our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it's paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,
-Philip

#3 ·
Congratulations Andy and Welcome Philip! I have been here since the beginning and this site has become a second family to me in a way. Many of the old members have left but it's still great to see new members joining and learning things about their vehicles. I hope this site treats you as well as it has treated me throughout the past 10 years I have been here.

#9 ·
Congratulations Andy and Welcome Philip! I have been here since the beginning and this site has become a second family to me in a way. Many of the old members have left but it's still great to see new members joining and learning things about their vehicles. I hope this site treats you as well as it has treated me throughout the past 10 years I have been here.
Eh, there's a few stragglers that drunkenly stumble back home from time to time :lol:

#5 ·
Welcome Philip. Glad to have you with us and I look forward to working with you in the future! Thank you Andy for all you've done for the forum community over the last decade! This site has become a great knowledge base for firebird and camaro enthusiasts thanks to you!

#11 ·
Welcome Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.