Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 200 v6 camaro with the stock exhaust, but I want my car louder. I was wondering if I could cut the pipe before it goes to the last muffler and run a tip straight back, or just buy a new muffler (i also have a small budget) I want my car louder but I also don't want it to sound like shit, let me know what's best

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a 200 v6 camaro with the stock exhaust, but I want my car louder. I was wondering if I could cut the pipe before it goes to the last muffler and run a tip straight back, or just buy a new muffler (i also have a small budget) I want my car louder but I also don't want it to sound like shit, let me know what's best
v6 car will always sound like crap without money. theres only 1 muffler on our cars. Just get a muffler.

Avoid flomaster

Get Borla, Corsa, find a slp loudmouth from a v8 or RS car, ive heard dynomax are good mufflers.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
IMO they never really sound good loud. They always sound raspy at higher rpms. By higher rpms I mean it starts at like 2500 and continues until the rev limiter. It really doesn't matter how much money you throw at them, because even cammed they are raspy at higher rpms. If you want it louder there are a few options.
1- get a muffler like mentioned above(that's your best bet)
2- get a cheap cutout and put it in the pipe between the catalytic converter and the muffler.
3- muffler delete and run a pipe out the back.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would go on the Almighty Youtube and start seeing what you like. There are tons of videos of all different brands of muffler for V6 Camaros and Firebirds.

Reactions: Sundown
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.