Camaro Zone Forums banner
23181 - 23200 of 23209 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Do what makes you happy. It's just a car in the end. If it's not working there is no reason to beat on the horse.
Yeah I know but I enjoy the car. I like its power, how it handles, and the fact that I know how it reacts in certain situations. It's just this electrical issue that's been haunting me. I couldn't figure it out, so I took it to a pretty good shop in town, it was fixed for about a month and a half, and then I got a ticket for my brake light not working yesterday. It's my only vehicle so it's not like I can just drop it off whenever. But then again, If I sold it, I wouldn't even begin to know what to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Have you checked the bulb? Also, usually having lights out around here we get warnings.

98 z28 bolt-ons with no tune drag radials [email protected]

02 firebird v6 almost all stock except slp lid and k&n filter

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Have you checked the bulb? Also, usually having lights out around here we get warnings.

Yeah. This morning I looked at it, it wasn't working, I pulled the entire taillight housing out and saw where they spliced into the harness when the shop installed a new socket, and after I moved the wires around a bit it started working..so maybe it's just a loose connection..

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Redo the splice, and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
So the (FCA) dealer I work at got a 2010-13 (never learned the year) Camaro SS convertible as a trade in, and were planning to sell it. So they gave it to the nearest Chevy dealer to figure out some recalls, and on the delivery back it gets into an accident....

Sent from my XT1060 using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I think you need a tune, my 98 was running that when almost stock and 185,xxx miles. What gears do you have? Did you get it tuned after the changes?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Stock 2.73 i have a set of 3.42 to put in over the winter. No tune. The first pass i spun through the whole first gear. So thats why it was so slow. Do you think a tune is going to make up that much. I would think a low 13 high 12 would be where should be at

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I would say a tune would help a lot.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well, the truck blew a fuel line pulling into my driveway after work, last night. Just in time for us to get 7-8 inches of snow this weekend. I started driving my Z with summer tires in its place, and the rear end starts grinding in that today. Having awesome luck with my vehicles this week!

23181 - 23200 of 23209 Posts