Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
DRL on the 2010 are the fog lights . Then they turn off when the head lights come on . I would like the to be on when the headlights are on .
Is your car equipped with fog lights? Actual fog lights? Meaning a separate switch? If so turn turn them on. If not, then the DRL's aren't really fog lights. They are DRL's. If your car is an SS, I would guess it is equipped with actual fog lights. There should be a switch for them.

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
If you have the actual fog lights in the lower part of the front bumper, you should be able to turn them on when the parking lights are on and when the head lights are on low beam. There isn't a way to wire them to be on all the time without pushing the button. If you want them to always be on the settings can be changed in the tuning.

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
That guy is an idiot. I wouldn't recommend doing that. The the flog lights have their own circuit for a reason. Powering the fogs off the running lights is asking for problems.

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
I'm telling you it's easiest and best to modify the lighting functions through the programming.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
I guess I'm missing something.
Factory specs=
Fog lights without a switch?
Fog lights ON as daytime running lights and OFF when Parking/Headlights are turned on?

Seems pretty stupid IMO.

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
The fog light button is in the center of the light switch, factory settings use the headlights as the DRLs. If the OPs car is doing something different then his car has been tuned. Being an RSSS makes no difference.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is no button in the middle of the headlight switch. I have seen this on a few other made around the same time. Don't know why but it just is .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
That must be a a deal with the 2010 cars then, my 2011 uses the headlights as the DRLs and has a button for the fog lights.

Even still the light settings can be changed to do whatever you want in the programing, which is how I would recommend doing it.

If I didn't care to keep the warranty on my car I would have changed it a long time ago to where the DRLs didn't come on every time I started the car and for the fog lights to come on without the parking lights being on also.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Problem solved. There is a wiring harness you can buy to have the lights on all the time. There are a lot of brands to choose from but I found one made with genuine GM parts. It is plug and play so nothing needs to be cut. The GM one cost a little more but I will go with that one :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Camaro Zone mobile app

1 - 20 of 22 Posts