Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Looks cool. I want to know how they do it? Looks like the cut the panel up, replace it with painted clear "glass" and add a light source behind it? I bet it's terribly expensive...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i thought it looked more along the lines of a paint that glows when you run current through it or something...

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
i thought it looked more along the lines of a paint that glows when you run current through it or something...
I thought something like that too. But there was one pic on the vette, on the rear quarter panel where it was completely see through, and you could see the light source behind it. Was kinda weird...

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
if I was going to design something like that, I'd use the 2 layer safety auto glass with the middle layer of plastic having the design on it and yea, use the electro-photic paint... just run a current and it lights up.. probably the same idea.

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
there are no light sources behind it. Cous and I saw that vette at the Syracuse Nationals last weekend.

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Check this out:
Electroluminescent Car Body

Looks like electroluminescent lighting. I has solved the mystery.

Seems like... EL panels cut to appropriate dimensions, and vinyl overlays sandwiched on top for color. Then you provide a power source. You could lay/wrap these panels across a variety of surfaces, and then seal them in using various methods.

Here is a quote from a manufacturers website. The glossary has the juicy details.
Training
Training will be conducted in factory located in Batam, Indonesia. The objectives of the training are to ensure the trainees achieve the following:-
1. Understand the design requirements and limitations of Electroluminescent Sheet.
2. Understand the functions of EL Inverter and their limitation. Able to select and match EL Inverter with
Electroluminescent Sheet.
3. Competent in designing Artwork with the application of EL Animations in mind. Competent in providing Animated
Simulations in GIF format, and transferring these into Electroluminescent Posters working files.
4. Able to coordinate the Printing of Backlit, cutting of the Vinyl block out, ordering of EL Sheets and El Drivers from
Nejilock and assembling these components together.
5. Able to test and troubleshoot the EL Animated Posters Systems.
6. Able to conduct minor repairs.

Glossary
Below is a lists of Components needed for the production of Animated Posters, we have highlighted the components that will be supplied by Nejilock and the components that our Technology Partner will be producing in locally.

1. Backlit Print - Technology Partner will be printing this component.
2. Mask, Vinyl - Technology Partner will be cutting this component.
3. EL Sheets - Nejilock will be supplying this component.
4. Rear Laminate - Technology Partner will be applying this component.
5. EL Drivers - Nejilock will be supplying this component.
6. Assembly - Technology Partner will be handling this process.
7. Troubleshooting & Repair - Technology Partner to handle this area.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I'll have to keep that in mind when I buy my next bike! I love that!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts