Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so my right headlight is staying up when i turn my lights off. the motor works fine but when i turn my lights off both of them go down and the right one comes back up. when i turn my lights back on the left one comes straight up and the right one goes down and then up. ive been manually putting it down for a while PLZ HELP. :dunno:

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
actually, superman, I think one of his position stops is sheared off and the thing is winding around full circle and stopping on the upper stop. I'm not saying you're wrong, but thats not the usual symptom set for a stripped gear.

when you turn them back on, does it go down then come back up?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Either new gear or new motor, i just posted in the other one about where to get them, i belive it is in these section!

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
ok, I just re-read your post, and its pretty obvious that your position stop is sheared off and that there is NOTHING wrong with your motor. I bet when its up after you turn it off that its not quite the whole way up... am I right?

the only real way to fix this is to replace your headlight panel, but thats a lot of unneeded work to fix a piece of broken plastic the diameter of your pinkie.
tomorro I'll post the pics of the fix we made on my car.. it just depends on how comfortable you are with a welder or who you know...

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
sorry it took almost a week to get these... I pulled a lot of hours at work this past week... here's the only 2 pics I could get. the one is taken from underneath the headlight while it is in the on position.

our fix was to measure the driver's side stops and then weld 2 pieces of steel dowel onto a 1/8" piece of steel plate at the right distance apart, then bolt it through the plastic bar ass'y

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those searching on this forum I have also been plagued with the problem of the headlights gremlins. Sometimes the light would go up and not down, and sometimes it would not even go up. I pulled the motor and bench tested. I assumed the relay module. It was the connector believe it or not. On the drivers side behind the light you can follow the motor wiring to the supposed weather proof plug. After I unplugged water poured out and the connectors were all corroded and one was even ate completely away. This was a garage kept car, so it really would not hurt any of us to go ahead and check the connector and place some spark plug grease or something on the pins for prevention. I had cut and re-soldered all wires eliminating the connector. Use heat shrunk on them and stay away from just electrical tape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.