Camarozone.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a V6 99 Camaro that had been sitting on standby for about 2 years. I had to have it towed home because the clutch master cylinder cable was shot.

So far I have done all a major tune up (oil, filters, plugs/wires) which the plugs were a pain in the butt lol. New radiator, clutch master with a new Hydraulic line, brakes and rotors. I have alot more work to do with the exterior and interior but I bought the car as a project.

My wife says its my mid life crisis car lol. Maybe she is right but I always wanted a camaro since I was a teenager. I actually went to buy one in 99 but couldn't get anyone at the dealership to help me (no lie I stood and waited at the one I wanted but no one would approach me) I guess because I was young and under 20 they thought I was just looking for a free ride. Little did they know I had a pre approved loan for whatever car I wanted thanks to the military lol. Needless to say I walked away and bought something else.

Flash forward 20 years and now I have my car. I'm looking forward to fixing her up and eventually throwing a V8 under the hood. For now I'm happy just to have what I have.

Anyways I look forward to adventure that awaits!

·
Registered
11,492 Posts
So I just bought a V6 99 Camaro that had been sitting on standby for about 2 years. I had to have it towed home because the clutch master cylinder cable was shot.

So far I have done all a major tune up (oil, filters, plugs/wires) which the plugs were a pain in the butt lol. New radiator, clutch master with a new Hydraulic line, brakes and rotors. I have alot more work to do with the exterior and interior but I bought the car as a project.

My wife says its my mid life crisis car lol. Maybe she is right but I always wanted a camaro since I was a teenager. I actually went to buy one in 99 but couldn't get anyone at the dealership to help me (no lie I stood and waited at the one I wanted but no one would approach me) I guess because I was young and under 20 they thought I was just looking for a free ride. Little did they know I had a pre approved loan for whatever car I wanted thanks to the military lol. Needless to say I walked away and bought something else.

Flash forward 20 years and now I have my car. I'm looking forward to fixing her up and eventually throwing a V8 under the hood. For now I'm happy just to have what I have.

Welcome !
You should have just started with a v8 car if you want a v8. You will have MUCH time and money spent swapping a v8. Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Welcome !
You should have just started with a v8 car if you want a v8. You will have MUCH time and money spent swapping a v8. Good luck with your project!
I am in the panhandle of Florida as well in Escambia County!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts