Camaro Zone Forums banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Yeah, I drove my z28 and bird in the snow until I got the burban. After that, I might take the bird out just for fun, but I usually just park them.

98 z28 bolt-ons with no tune drag radials [email protected]

02 firebird v6 almost all stock except slp lid and k&n filter

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Lol. I am from Alaska, so I am familiar with the weather. Snow actually doesn't get very deep there. Black ice is the real threat. But those low profile tires are not going to be any friend to the winters up there. I am going to attempt to add a truck to my fleet before the first winter. There are actually several reasons why I don't want to be driving the Camaro around in the winter time. That said, Alaskans had a thing for trans ams when I lived there. They were all over Anchorage anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Nothing ATM. I am working allot to pay for the move. So probably no new updates till after Christmas.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Ok. I didn't want to say anything until it's all done and over with, so here's the news. I figured out that i wouldn't be able to complete my body project before moving to alaska without 2 cars as i need to be driving one, so i resolved to get a second camaro to be driving while doing the body work on the other. So today I got a 95 trans am with a 5.7 liter v8 engine in it. Unfortunately I still have some logistical issues that probably won't be worked out until around Christmas time. I am also trying to close a deal on a subaru suv as my friend is driving to alaska with me. So returning to work on the body is still probably going to happen around the change of the year as planned.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Everything fell through. So I have little choice but to part with the trans am and put this project on hold until I get settled in Alaska. I move to Alaska in may and Alaska gets rain almost every day of the summer, so it could take till mid-late summer to have a car port built. Realistically, this will probably end up being a winter time project as there is little else to do in the winter time up there.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
BTW. A few dash cam videos of the general neighborhood I am moving to. I can't wait to hit these roads in it. Sooner or later it will travel down every inch of road in these videos.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Just a quick update. I completed the move to Alaska and was able to bring the project with me. I managed to aquire a really nice 2001 camaro before leaving and i tried to ship the body separate so i could finish it up here before attaching it to the car. Well, that didn't happen. The best deal i could find on shipping was $10,000 and by the time efforts to ship it fell through, i had only 2 weeks before leaving, out of which i only had 4 days to pull the body off the old car and stick it on the new with enough strength to survive the 3200 mile trip and still hold up after i got here. Needless to say, it was a rush job and i actually had to abandon the front fenders entirely and water down the side details in order to do it in time. But to my and everyone's surprise, it looked even better than before despite taking a step back in "crustyness". And because it's simplified, smoothing it back out is going by very fast. Unfortunately i am also clearing brush and building a house, which all my money and most of my time are going in to, so i still don't expect the body to be ready for it's "real" paint job till spring.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
First pictures taken the night before i left for alaska. The last 2 pictures were taken yesterday here in alaska during body clean up work.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
BTW. Check the photo and video section for scenic dash cam footage of the drive to Alaska. And the camaro has already traveled down every inch of the roads in the 3 videos i posted earlier, save for part of Homer. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
TBH i am not a fan of muscle car aesthetics. The 4th gen camaros and that gen alone are all i am in to. 3rd and 5th gen camaros are ok and i have seen some attractive customised 80s era mustangs but that's it. The wide body you showed me would look great on a black car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I understand where you are going and with all the generations of Camaro`s out there ,We can choose our era. I grew up in the late 50`s ,60.s and 70`s .And there were some wild custom cars then. Mine is a version of the "tuner cars" of the late 70.s such as Bill Mitchell`s The Hugger Camaro.With my own touches.And there is nothing on the road like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
IMO there's nothing more exciting in the world of automobiles than custom cars. Supercars are the big thing and yet they are just reproduced automotive art. I wish there was more of a culture of one-off automotive art work. It's cheaper than buying a pre-made supercar and more fascinating.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
First pictures taken the night before i left for alaska. The last 2 pictures were taken yesterday here in alaska during body clean up work.
Do you have any plans for the front bumper and headlights? I like what you've got going on, and then it just clashes with the bumper and headlights, IMO.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I believe he has celiaca headlights he was going to put in

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Yep. Some how i managed to haul them 3200 miles with all kinds of stuff packed around them without damaging them. Lol

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
ok... I can see that looking a lot more on-theme with the rest of what you've got.

Assuming that's the 99-06 celica! lol.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts