Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have been in this situation. I have always wondered. If you were to get caught for doing a pretty big burnout, what would happen? What kind of ticket?

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
1994 Bird said:
For those who have been in this situation. I have always wondered. If you were to get caught for doing a pretty big burnout, what would happen? What kind of ticket?
Pretty sure it's exhibition driving.

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
They can be serious tickets, depends on the state and what mood a cop is in when he catches you.

Something along the lines of Negligent Driving, Reckless Driving, Excessive Acceleration, etc..

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
It really depends on the state and local laws, the mood of the cop, and the if other people were around.

Small burnouts could be considered improper take off and thats about ~100.00. Larger burnouts could be wreckless endangerment, wreckless driving, etc If there is an underage person in the car add a few more.

My advice, yes burnouts are cool when your 15/16 but grow up. traction is better, tickets suck, tires are expensive, brakes are too, and mostly its going to suck when you catch and destroy your car.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
They can be serious tickets, depends on the state and what mood a cop is in when he catches you.

Something along the lines of Negligent Driving, Reckless Driving, Excessive Acceleration, etc..
This, and they can also ticket you by the foot here if they really want to. I know in one city around here the ticket is $501 for a burnout or just even a chirp.

They did that though because there is a huge show there every year with thousands of cars so it's obviously a money maker for them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Depending on the mood of the LEO, you can get your car impounded too.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
If you find it absolutely to do a burnout, go to an empty street and do one. But seriously in the past two years i have done maybe two burn out total. One was accidental in the Iroc, the other was when i put the manual tranny in and wanted to see how the power felt.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The school cop threatened to take us to jail if she caught us doing donuts. For reckless driving. Also had a friend get caught racing... The cop was nice and just gave him a $300 noise violation for spinning the tires.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
This thread was actually a pretty good question. I've always wondered as well. It'll hopefully encourage good driving.

·
Registered
859 Posts
HotRoddCamaro said:
This thread was actually a pretty good question. I've always wondered as well. It'll hopefully encourage good driving.
Just think of $20 bills floating in the air with all that smoke.... If you have to buy your own tires, then you will know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
iroc87 said:
Just think of $20 bills floating in the air with all that smoke.... If you have to buy your own tires, then you will know what I mean.
Exactly. I don't bother with burnouts. Plus it does damage to the brakes and drivetrain.

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
It's called "Exhibition of Speed" and/or "Reckless Driving" here in California.

·
Slow'erAss
10,393 Posts
I was going to mention asking you how to not get harassed by police, since you've done it a dozen times :lol:
I have been stopped before. Got lucky, cool cop. Even complimented the car, but told me not to do it again. Yeah, that worked.
Could have been an UGLY ticket.

I tend to look for deserted areas to be a jackass though.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,778 Posts
I have been stopped before. Got lucky, cool cop. Even complimented the car, but told me not to do it again. Yeah, that worked.
Could have been an UGLY ticket.

I tend to look for deserted areas to be a jackass though.
Every time I watch your videos I love the youtube comments

YEAH NICE TAKING CARE OF YOUR CAR

NO WONDER THESE CARS ARE SO RARE

Silly Slowass, you aren't supposed to USE anything you spent money on!

·
Slow'erAss
10,393 Posts
I built that thing to take a beating....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts