Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall

I have a 1998 3.8 v6 firebird and I've heard that you can get replace the plenum with a gtp supercharger and bolt it right open. I wanna know if this is true and if so, what is needed to make this upgrade with.
A complete list of all the components would really help!

Thanks

0......to.....100....really extremely wtf quick

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Negative. Not a bolt on in an f body. The supercharger intake will be facing the cowl requiring you to cut the cowl and do a lot of custom fabrication. Certainly not easy nor cheap. Do a search on hear or on one of the v6 specific forums and you will get plenty of people who did/attempted the project. Those will give you a pretty good idea of all that is involved.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
For the money and headache to do it, you could swap in a v8 and probably walk away with more power.

Sent from my Z796C using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Negative. Not a bolt on in an f body. The supercharger intake will be facing the cowl requiring you to cut the cowl and do a lot of custom fabrication. Certainly not easy nor cheap. Do a search on hear or on one of the v6 specific forums and you will get plenty of people who did/attempted the project. Those will give you a pretty good idea of all that is involved.
How-de, My name is Joseph, I have a 1997 Pontiac Firebird, V.8, 3.8, I want to install a Twin Screw (factory) on her. I’m trying to figure out how to get around this forum, having a bit of a problem, can’t quite figure it out. Need help. I’m looking for information, instructions, pictures on everything I need to do this job right. PLEASE help me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How-de, My name is Joseph, I have a 1997 Pontiac Firebird, V.8, 3.8, I want to install a Twin Screw (factory) on her. I’m trying to figure out how to get around this forum, having a bit of a problem, can’t quite figure it out. Need help. I’m looking for information, instructions, pictures on everything I need to do this job right. PLEASE help me.
Sorry, it’s a V6 not a V8, and my email address is, [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts